better to exercise before or after dinner?

Options
I get home about 6 on certain days and I usually start dinner when I get home. I have to clean, kids homework,etc. Is it better just to exercise use at 8pm? Or while I'm cooking then eat an hour later?

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Timing doesn't matter. Do whichever is more convenient for you, and that you'll stick to.
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Workout whenever you can/want. I also have kids and work full time so I don't start working out until 8:30-9pm.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    For awhile, I was going to the gym after dinner, which was usually between 8 and 9pm. Now, because my schedule has changed, I go between work and dinner. Neither seemed better or worse than the other, it's just a matter of what you're most likely to stick with.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I got best weight loss results when I got up really early and exercised before eating. I've tried exercising later in day as was told it didn't make any difference but I definitely got bigger weight loss when I exercised really early 4-6am. I was told body had to burn fat for energy if you hadn't eaten before exercising.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It is better to exercise when you will actually do it. For me I exercise before dinner and eat around 9pm on those days. My kid is a teenager and won't go to the gym if he eats first because it makes him sick. If you need to feed your kids earlier it would probably work better for you to exercise later.