Wraps

cmw72
cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
edited September 22 in Food and Nutrition
I go through phases ... I find a food, and I eat pretty much nothing but that for weeks, or months at a stretch.

Apparently now it's wraps. Every day this week I've been eating a Turkey wrap from the local deli. But I didn't really know how many calories were in them, and I figured I could probably replicate them with a lower calorie count, and probably cheaper as well.

Tonight I went out and picked up some groceries and made my own.

1 Mission Spinach and Herb wrap/tortilla: 210 calories
2 tbsp light Philadelphia Cream Cheese: 50 calories
2 tbsp Ocean Spray Jellied Cranberry Sauce: 30 calories
4 oz. Bar-S 98% fat free shaved turkey: 120 calories
A little bit of diced red onion and 1 leaf of romaine lettuce.

All told, 410 calories and quite a satisfying meal!

I could have saved some calories on the tortilla, but the spinach and herb was too tempting.

Now I just need some other wrap ideas ... :smile:

Replies

• Sirenism
    Sirenism Posts: 100 Member
    While I don't make wraps often, here are some filling ideas that seem to make me happy.

Black beans. black bean taco wraps, Chicken breast (or chicken alternative strips), tuna, tofu, tomatos, mushrooms, spinach.
  • KillerByteUK
    KillerByteUK Posts: 6 Member
    Big fan of wraps here. I've tried to cut bread from my diet and wraps are a much healthier alternative. I like a wholemeal wrap filled with 65g of tuna and 1Tbsp light mayo. A tasty lunch and only 357 calories.

I often have this as lunch with a piece of fruit such as an apple.
  • I love wraps! They are so much more interesting than boring bread.

I make mine with a "light choices" wrap, Normandy Fat Free Fromage Frais, spring onion or red onion, smoked salmon or tuna, lettuce, a drizzle of lemon and pepper! 301 calories, very filling and tasty :-)
  • Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Bumpity-Bump
  • chatal36
    chatal36 Posts: 167 Member
    Ole extreme wellness spinach wraps only have 71 calories in them .. that could save you a bunch of calories and they are the best ive ever trired !
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    About the cranberry sauce, I was at the store today and some demo was a cranberry relish. Probably healthier yet than cranberry sauce if you made your own, too. He used a food processer, or you could use a meat grinder type thing like I have on my kitchen aide mixer. A whole seedless orange with cranberries and a few other things. It was delicious! I'm sure you can make that pretty healthy and low cal.
This discussion has been closed.