Replies

• willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Garcinia Cambogia sounds like someone I went to high school with. LOL
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    They don't claim that this helps you lose tons of weight fast. They claim that it may help reduce cravings of fatty foods.
    It is also not a weight loss supplement, it is simply an extract from Tamarind - a natural substance.
    I personally tried 75% HCA pure extract, and I didn't experience lower cravings. It also gave me a headache for 4 days, and made me VERY thirsty, so I stopped taking it.
    My sister took it for a week, experienced no side effects, and lost 4 lbs.
    So who knows.
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    I tried it. It suppressed my appetite, and within a few weeks my craving for sweets was almost nil. The only side effect I had was dry mouth...it seemed like I was always thirsty. And I did lose ten pounds...I stopped taking it, though, because I started liking the gym more and losing it the hard way might make it stick a bit more, than going the easy route.
    So I'm not crazy - I experienced a very bad dry mouth - I couldn't stand it after a week and gave up.
  • NikRigs
    Options
    I've tried it too - I made sure to buy Pure stuff with at least 60% HCA. I workout regularly and eat very healthy because I love it but haven't been able to shed a few pudgy pounds. I find that my appetite is definitely suppressed when I take the supplement vs not take it (I also love eating a lot!) and I'm now finally starting to loose some of that excess chub. I don't think I would loose the weight if I wasn't also working out and eating healthy though, for me I think it's just that I'm eating less now (aka - calorie deficit).

It's interesting about people saying they get dry mouth cause I do get that a little bit but I didn't associate the two until now... but it's not too bad, I barely even notice. For the record though I haven't lost a lot of weight but it's been enough that I am happy with the results... I've also been taking it since beginning of December. But if you're on meds then you might want to ask your doctor before trying anything in pill or supplement form.