Anyone up for reading my food diary?

Options
Hi all,

I'm looking for someone to read my food diary each day or at least a couple times a week to keep me accountable and give feed back, good or bad. I'm not looking to go crazy with health or keep track of nutrients so much as just moving more and eating better than I do now. I know I do better when I keep track of food and now I'm using a fitbit tracker that will work great for me if I do a good job of recording food. I have about 100 lbs to lose and am ready to do it but I know I need some unbiased help in the accountability department at least to get me started and until I start seeing some real results. My daily goal is to have a 1000 calorie deficit or to burn 1000 more calories than I eat.

Any takers?

Vicki

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Honest Truth.. You need to make yourself accountable or else your going to fail.. Someone over the Internet isn't going to keep you losing weight...
  • VickiZei
    VickiZei Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I expected some replies like yours but it's been proven that those who keep track of food intake and then go on to share that list with someone chances for weight loss and keeping it off go up. I realize that I'm ultimately responsible for myself but what's the harm in upping my chances in a way that seems like it would work for me? Don't dis those who are trying their best to get to where they want to be.
  • micahsmom91011
    micahsmom91011 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi Vicki,

I made my diary public for that very reason. That way my friends can snoop and yell at me if I ate a brownie, or congratulate me if I ate a salad. (Or something along those lines.) I'd be happy to snoop on yours and you're welcome to snoop on mine. Just send me a friend request if you're interested.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Hi VickiZei! I think it's great that you have a plan for getting healthier, and more importantly, that you had the courage to ask for support. Like yourself, my goal is to exercise more and eat healthier. I will certainly look at your food diary and offer feedback. I will send you a friend request.

I'm looking forward to us celebrating our successes. :bigsmile:
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Honest Truth.. You need to make yourself accountable or else your going to fail.. Someone over the Internet isn't going to keep you losing weight...

Totally unnecessary feedback.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'll take a look. I'll offer suggestions, praise, AND thwack you upside your head with a water balloon when you need it.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options

While it does help me to have some offer some constructive criticism and feedback, this post is true. You need to be accountable for yourself. You have to want it within you. It's like any everyday advice, people can give you all the advice you want, and while you take it all into consideration, you ultimately do what is best for you....
  • missyont
    Options
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Totally unnecessary feedback.

Not unnecessary at all.

She's a grown up and is basically asking an internet stranger to be her food police.

OP, your wording could have been different to obtain friends for support and help and such.
    But the way you worded it, it basically sounded like "be my food police"
    I do hope you find people who will aid you in your journey.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options

I agree. Who the ^&%^ cares what someone else thinks? My diary is public, but I'm doing this for ME - not for someone else. If I muck up, words on a screen aren't going to motivate me anymore. My bloated belly, or feeling icky, or weight gain sure will. Then I have the diary to look back on to see what can be improved. As for yelling because I had a brownie? Probably being sarcastic, but I feel thinking like that won't get you anywhere. If I want a brownie I'll work it into my day and enjoy the heck out every bite.

Food isn't your enemy. Too much of it is.

A public diary can help 'shame' you, but only you can control what goes in the mouth. Use the diary as a tool to improve yourself.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    A daily 1000 calorie deficit is unreal and unhealthy. The recommended deficit is at most 500 calories per day so that you can have a deficit of 3500 calories a week (1 lb). You should always have a daily net calorie intake of 1200 calories.
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options

Whenever I say this on this forum I get wicked nasty feedback...What The HELL!:explode:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

Whenever I say this on this forum I get wicked nasty feedback...What The HELL!:explode:

He kinda did so don't explode lol
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I'd start by making your diary public. Then you know anyone has the opportunity to view it.
  • liloldDee
    liloldDee Posts: 92 Member
    Options

I agree. Who the ^&%^ cares what someone else thinks? My diary is public, but I'm doing this for ME - not for someone else. If I muck up, words on a screen aren't going to motivate me anymore. My bloated belly, or feeling icky, or weight gain sure will. Then I have the diary to look back on to see what can be improved. As for yelling because I had a brownie? Probably being sarcastic, but I feel thinking like that won't get you anywhere. If I want a brownie I'll work it into my day and enjoy the heck out every bite.

Food isn't your enemy. Too much of it is.

A public diary can help 'shame' you, but only you can control what goes in the mouth. Use the diary as a tool to improve yourself.

Totally agree with this, my diary is open to friends. I don't expect criticism for what I choose to eat, what I hope for is that if I'm complaining about, feeling hungry/stalled weight loss/ weight gain/feeling bad etc then if one of my friends believe it's down to my food intake they will give me advice on what improvements I could make.
  • septembergrrl
    septembergrrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I made my diary public for that very reason. That way my friends can snoop and yell at me if I ate a brownie, or congratulate me if I ate a salad. (Or something along those lines.) I'd be happy to snoop on yours and you're welcome to snoop on mine. Just send me a friend request if you're interested.

Honest question: Are you just talking, or do you seriously want to be yelled at? Mine is open to friends because I like the support, and I'd open it more broadly if I needed public input because I was stalled or whatever, but I'm really not in this to be criticized. I'd hope if I ate a brownie, my friends would assume I ate it for a reason. (Which might just have been ... I wanted a brownie.)

Now if I start eating 3,000 calories of brownies and McDonalds every. single. day., it might be time for a little intervention.
  • kill3rtofu
    kill3rtofu Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    making your diary public would help
  • CaHusker
    Options
    You can add me and I will look at your diary often, you can look at mine anytime:smile:
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    If you'd like, you may add me too. I like stalking people's food logs, and I'd willingly ask questions about your intake if that's what you want.

But I find a lot of people get defensive about mistakes, so be warned. I tell it like it is.
  • micahsmom91011
    micahsmom91011 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Honest question: Are you just talking, or do you seriously want to be yelled at? Mine is open to friends because I like the support, and I'd open it more broadly if I needed public input because I was stalled or whatever, but I'm really not in this to be criticized. I'd hope if I ate a brownie, my friends would assume I ate it for a reason. (Which might just have been ... I wanted a brownie.)

Now if I start eating 3,000 calories of brownies and McDonalds every. single. day., it might be time for a little intervention.

Yes, at this stage I do want a friend to yell at me if I'm stupid enough to eat a brownie. I'm a former/recovering bulimic and I am extremely likely to freak out after eating said brownie and throw up. Also from all my years in sports in high school and college my coaches were always the type to yell, not necessarily encourage. If I do well then yes, by all means I like the encouragement, but if I did something that I shouldn't have I want called out on it. If I've gotten to "3,000 calories of brownies and McDonalds every day" then it's too late.