What do I do with instant oats?

Options
SteveJWatson
SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
Hi all,

I ordered some whey powder and due to some promotion or other got a free kilo and a half of "Myprotien" instant oat thingy. I assumed it would be kind of like porridge oats (oatmeal for our US cousins), but it isn't - its basically oat flour.

What the hell do I do with it?

Thaaaanks!

:drinker:

Replies

• Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Good question!! Sounds a bit like Readybrek!
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Does it have directions in the package? If not, I would call the company and ask them! Seriously. Maybe you can add raisins or fruit and make it into cereal?
  • dee62l
    dee62l Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    i would Google it for recipes but i assume you could use it in baking???
  • darcyrees
    darcyrees Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You can use it to make pancakes or muffins. Google oat flour for recipes.
  • SteveJWatson
    Options
    Good question!! Sounds a bit like Readybrek!

Its like Readybrek but finer - and as we all know (those of us with kids, anyway) Readybrek is like oaty concrete. I think one is 'supposed' to blend it with milk and drink it if one follows the companys directions, but that sounds awful.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    You can use it to make pancakes or muffins. Google oat flour for recipes.

yes
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    here in the US we just add hot water for instant gruel for that on the go but i'm still in a prison camp feel (sorry i think instant oatmeal is gross)

i think h pancake idea is a good idea. you can also add to smoothies or just open up all the packets, stand on a tall building and make it raaaaaaaaain!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Feed it to some pigs?

Or use it for pancakes, and baking
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    This may sound strange, but I keep some oat flour in a salt shaker in my bathroom and add it to my face soap. I have very sensitive, dry skin and it helps to calm it down. I also add it to my baths (which I take on my rest days) along with some epsom salt to keep me all soft and smooth. Possibly not for everybody, but I guess if you run out of ideas on how to eat them! :ohwell:
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I use it every day to thicken my shake. PWO shake is 300ml milk, 50g whey powder, 25g instant oats, 10g psyllium husks, 5g creatine, throw it in a bottle with a whisking ball thing, nice thick shake. Easy good carbs.
  • SteveJWatson
    Options
    Feed it to some pigs?

Or use it for pancakes, and baking

Oddly, back on the day, I used to fatten pigs on whey and rolled barley. No wonder these suppliment companies are making money, upmarketing swill, basically....:bigsmile: