Great website - Does it work?

Options
After losing 23 lbs. on "another program" I found this website and really like it. I have not been able to get rid of the last 15 lbs I want to lose. Its been 16 months at basically the same weight so I cant wait to see how it goes.

Replies

• skinnyack
    Options
    Of course it does! AS long as you do also! Best of luck on that last 15!
  • ronic68
    ronic68 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You get out of it, what you put in. I have found it very helpful in that it makes me feel accountable. Those last few pounds can be challenging, but I'm confident you can do it! Log in, keep track, try to exercise and you'll do fine.

Good luck!

Smiles ~ R :o)
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Go to the success stories part of the forum. Best of luck.
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    It works if you exercise, log everything you eat and stay within your calorie goal. Helps me be accountable - plus I have made some awesome friends, received tips and recipes, been motivated by those who have been here longer and lost more - and I have lost 41 lbs - so far!
  • oracle730
    Options
    I started today myself. My husband has been doing this for about a year and he has lost weight and kept it off. He looks amazing. Kind of sickening to me to weigh more than him though. So, I decided I need to give it a shot.

Good luck, I know you can do it!
  • cathy36
    Options
    I have been using this site for a month now and have lost 9 lb. i love it and it really helps
  • katrinavw
    Options
    Ive used this site for almost 3 months and lost 20 pounds. it really helps you realize the calorie intake. i love it.
  • KatSweets
    Options
    I've lost 25 lbs. since I started on August 1st. As long as you stick to your calories and exercise it should just melt off. I've got a LONG way to go but am confident I will obtain my goal. This site is awesome! And welcome. Feel free to add me. I love to help support and encourage and I love to have it return really helps out!
  • bevsalter
    bevsalter Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    welcome. this is a awesome site, you will meet great people with great advice.The main thing is as everyone is telling you, stay under your calorie goal and continue to exercise and you will soon see those 15 pounds disappear.Read the success stories. good luck and would love to be your support friend if you want.
  • suzukigrl
    Options
    yes, it works if you stick to it. log everything even if it's bad. helps you recognize patterns and strategize where your main weaknessnes are. people here are so responsive too. good luck.
  • loranda
    loranda Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've tried two other programs and I must say this is the easiest and most convenient one. I already lost 9 pounds in the three weeks I've been on it :)
  • howardrw
    howardrw Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Like everyone on that posted to you, this site does work if you follow what you eat and do the exercise.

I had already lost a lot of weight (70 lbs) when I was told of this site by one of my co-workers.

So far it has helped me to keep track of what I have been eating and exercise, including the calories that I have taken in.

Also the MFP Community is GREAT to read, you get a lot of success stories as well as people who needs help from going off the diet plan.

In conclusion just log in record what you did for exercise and food, and read the MFP Community and the weight will start to come off.

Take care....
  • laurre
    Options
    Hi Bev, I have been using this website for over a month just to log my calories. I was not brave enough to weigh myself until this morning! I weighed as much as I have ever in my life but at least it was not more! I have been reading the posts here and thought maybe I was only older woman on here, LOL, as I do NOT think of myself as older! I have always been a dieter and a walker but it seems almost impossible to lose weight since I got over 56 years old. Anyway, lets hope we can make this happen! I would be thrilled to lose about 40 pounds. Boy, would I! Health is my main goal too, but it wouldn't hurt if my smaller clothes fit again.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    it worked for me. as long as you do the work, it should for you.