Bad wrist, exercise alternatives

Options
I have a ganglion cyst in my left wrist which can cause me a lot of pain. It also prevents me from bending it and applying pressure (so push ups are excruciating!). This is a bummer for me and unfortunately, isn't something I can fix. I can have the cyst removed, but there is no guarantee it won't come back, so working around it is something I will need to get used to. I am starting Jillian Michael's Body Revolution on Monday and I'm looking for alternatives for any exercises that would involve putting weight on that wrist while it's bent. I can do push ups on my knuckles, but is this safe to do for exercises like burpees?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Momof2boys2009
    Options
    Please?
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    running?
  • Dragonflag07
    Dragonflag07 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have bad wrists after a heavy fall a year ago, nothing like your issue but tweaky all the same. I use push up stands/bars (the cheap ones, not those perfect pushup things that twist about( . Not only do they give me a deeper range of motion but my wrists dont hurt when I use them (i typically do the 100 in a row every few weeks so i guess thats pretty indicative of the lack of discomfort.
    i also find wrist supports help - either large elasticated wristbands like basketball/tennis or the bodybuilding wraps