guilty

Options
2»

Replies

• HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    you're right 1200 is tough, and if you want to be even remotely successful, you will want to eat something you like once in a while. Just work it into your calories for the day if possible. Don't beat yourself up over it. I eat cookies or something sweet to end my day almost every day. It's what keeps me going. Just work it in. Do some extra exercise f you have to just so you can eat that one cookie. It's worth it.
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I'm with Sex Kitten (bawdy name) on this one. Home made bread rocks! Also, you know EXACTLY what is in it, so you can accurately control the caloric intake.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Im new to watching what i eat. its very hard but im taking day by day. today i ate some homemade bread, after i felt so bad. not sure if thats good. feeling guilty over some bread sucks but i think it may help me say no next time. staying within or under 1200 is a job.
    Everyone's said what needs to be said really. Bread is not bad. Feeling any kind of guilt over eating food is not good or healthy. 1200 is a very low goal, too low for a lot of people. Definitely reassess whether or not it's optimal for you. Even if it turns out to be, you don't have to get this 100% perfect straight away. Or even eventually. Perfection is actually not required. :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Not many days will go by without me eating any bread, it's not evil it's just a carb!

You may find you don't actually need to eat @1200 calories, most of us can eat more and still lose weight successfully.
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Eat the home made bread and exercise or move a bit more!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    *Bad* bread! You've been very naughty! Go sit in the corner!
  • jeantrin83
    Options
    Thanks to all the people with the helpful and kind comments.
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    MTM0NTYyODA3NDEzMDA0XzE.jpg

Make sure to use positive reinforcement and reward your bread when it's been good.
  • Sunka1
    Sunka1 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Maybe. But I think it was the bread
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Im new to watching what i eat. its very hard but im taking day by day. today i ate some homemade bread, after i felt so bad. not sure if thats good. feeling guilty over some bread sucks but i think it may help me say no next time. staying within or under 1200 is a job.

OP you have the right idea but the wrong thought process.

If you start labeling foods as good and bad and then restricting the "bad" ones , then this is going to lead to binging on the foods that you want and then overeating, and then guilt, and then failure…

what i would suggest is the following..

1. If 1200 is a 500 calorie deficit then eat 1200.
    2. eat the foods you want and forget about labeling them "bad" and "good"
    3. Follow the 80/20 rule..80% healthy and 20% whatever you want - bread, pizza, ice cream etc - just maintain your deficit
    4 - work out/move more
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Wait....bread is bad? Why is bread bad? What did the bread do to get in trouble? Does the bread need to go to time out?

Okay. Seriously now. Food is not good/bad/evil. It is food. It doesn't have morals. Unless you are allergic to it or have some medical reason not to eat a certain food item, just work it into your calories and eat at least 1200 calories a day.

bread was the third shooter on the grassy knoll, and can be blamed for all the worlds ills…

if we did not eat bread there would be world peace...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    Bread is not the enemy, however, anyone that I have ever know to eliminate bread, pasta and processed sugar from their diets, felt incredible within a few weeks, had more energy and lost weight. They weren't even counting calories. Take it slowly, don't beat yourself up and when you are ready in a few months, try a challenge of one month no bread, then try no processed sugar and see how you feel. Good luck!

Maybe because eliminating high calorie processed foods created a calorie deficit....

eliminating high calorie foods creates a deficit, really?