Im new and I think I have the weirdest diet here...

Options
Im 21 years old and for starters I have an exclusive "Indian food" diet, yes that spicy stuff that would make your nose water, I eat it no problem..

I never tried any sort of fad diet or fitness program like p90x, but always had my own fitness plan.

Lately, I have been packing the pounds and wanted to see how I can get in shape.

I used to take protein and supplements back in high school (2010), as all my friends were as well, now I am totally against them. Joined this site, because I want to get back in tip top shape...

Replies

• nobleh5
    nobleh5 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Is the Indian food helping you pack on the pounds?
    I give you props....yellow banana peppers is the closest I can come to eating food with a zap, which is not much :-)
  • rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Indian food and anything spicy :) I don't know if you cook for yourself but it's really easy to make Indian food healthy (as long as you leave out the fried foods... even though they are delicious, and of course not too much bread or white rice). Also, I buy this brand of 'simmer sauce' that you can cook chicken and veggies in on the stove and eat with brown rice or quinoa and the sauce is barely any calories :) It's definitely not spicy enough but I have a lot of chili paste and spices I can add in myself. (Also, cooking it in coconut oil instead of olive oil is healthier and super delicious).
  • jpads1234
    jpads1234 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    i would lose a lot of weight on Indian food. hate it sorry
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Im 21 years old and for starters I have an exclusive "Indian food" diet, yes that spicy stuff that would make your nose water, I eat

please, i'm jamaican. i eat your spices like air :laugh:

indian food is cooked in a lot of oils (mmmm slow cooked deliciousness) but i think you could still eat it and lose weight. watch the portions and make sure you're getting an accurate calorie count.

good luck
  • heatbreakerr
    Options
    I think what packed the pounds for me was eating without thinking about the consequences.

Another factor was that I used to work retail at Party city, which entailed alot of movement - like walking, lifting boxes, lifting ladders, going up/down ladders and sometimes running. ( to pick up the phone)

The managers hated to see us standing still, so I just kept moving and looking busy, lol... Granted, almost exactly a year ago, I got a desk job at my university.