Moms trying to lose your belly...

Options
NRSPAM
NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
Ok, I'll be honest. I'm a little nervous posting this. Mainly because of my stretch marks, and also because I'm not finished working on my body yet. Still have a good bit of work to do. It's just that I'm starting to see some abs forming here, and I'm all excited! Hope I'm not grossing anyone out here. My second child was 10lb's though. That plus the extra weight I gained really did a number on my belly. Anywho....here goes nothing!

I went from this...

[img]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z115/nrspam/Facebook/David James Blackston/5e60e995-3b76-4f93-8e9c-b72dbe069630_zps2570c876.jpg[/img]

To this...

New782_zpsd58e4d98.jpg

Uggghhh...so embarrassing. Just hope I will give hope to someone who was in my position not too long ago, when I was worried I would never get rid of my flabby belly. It's still not quite where I want it, but heavy lifting has really taken me so far. That and cardio and my diet, of course. :wink: :smile:

Replies

• SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    To get your images to show, make sure your privacy settings are set to public wherever you posted your picture, and use lowercase img instead of IMG.
  • SapiensPisces
    Options
    Ok, I'll be honest. I'm a little nervous posting this. Mainly because of my stretch marks, and also because I'm not finished working on my body yet. Still have a good bit of work to do. It's just that I'm starting to see some abs forming here, and I'm all excited! Hope I'm not grossing anyone out here. My second child was 10lb's though. That plus the extra weight I gained really did a number on my belly. Anywho....here goes nothing!

I went from this...

[img]http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z115/nrspam/Facebook/David James 20Blackston/5e60e995-3b76-4f93-8e9c-b72dbe069630_zps2570c876.jpg/[/img]

To this...

New782_zpsd58e4d98.jpg

Uggghhh...so embarrassing. Just hope I will give hope to someone who was in my position not too long ago, when I was worried I would never get rid of my flabby belly. It's still not quite where I want it, but heavy lifting has really taken me so far. That and cardio and my diet, of course. :wink: :smile:
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    Ok, well it's probably better if you didn't see the first pic anyways. Lol. I always have problems posting pics. SMH!
  • SapiensPisces
    Options
    Ok, well it's probably better if you didn't see the first pic anyways. Lol. I always have problems posting pics. SMH!

:frown:

You're making great progress, which is what really matters.

ETA: Your belly isn't bad at all! Being a mom is hard, so don't be too hard on your body. It created another human being, and that's pretty awesome.
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    Ok, I didn't delete the "20" after the % sign. Got it now!!! :D
  • ajmalbaby
    ajmalbaby Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How many months postpartum are you?
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Your belly isn't bad at all. Mine is very similar. I still have lumps of fat above and to the sides of my belly button (or whats left of it anyway). But I can see that they are getting smaller.

Any progress is good progress, and I think you've done great!
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    How many months postpartum are you?

Hahaha...he's 2 yo. I was 210 after losing my baby weight though, and now I'm 142. I lost most of the weight in my first year, but still had a major belly that I had a really hard time getting rid of...well, I'm not quite rid of it yet. Lol.
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    132_zps1cf95a05.jpg

Here's one more, so you can see the rest of me. :)
  • supergirl222
    Options
    you look great!!! just follow a healthy diet, eat clean, and run run run, spin spin spin :). Unfortunately some of that skin will never go away with out a procedure no matter how lean you get, its the price we pay for being mamas... keep up the good work!. My kiddos are 2 and 5 :).
  • ajmalbaby
    ajmalbaby Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good for you for losing all that weight! My belly looks similar to yours but mine is still kinda chunky. How often do u lift weights and how long did it take u to see the results for your belly?
  • blh0285
    blh0285 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I think you look great. I had really very few stretch marks with my daughter ( mostly on my hips) but I have a lot of loose skin and I don't know how to get rid of it! I'm already back to pre baby weight. I actually weigh less but I seem to have lost a lot of muscle tone.
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    I do an hour of zumba 3 x's/week, and an hour of heavy lifting 2-3x's/week. I also will occasionally run or walk on my treadmill at home.
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    Thanks ladies!!! I'm proud of how far I've come. I don't think it will be too much longer 'til I'm where I want to be. I'm pretty happy with how I look now though. :)))
  • NRSPAM
    Options

:frown:

You're making great progress, which is what really matters.

ETA: Your belly isn't bad at all! Being a mom is hard, so don't be too hard on your body. It created another human being, and that's pretty awesome.

:flowerforyou: Thank you!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Looking good!! :flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    You look great! Wonderful progress ♥
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,900 Member
    Options
    Fantastic progress! You will get that last little bit. I had a cesarean with my first child. And a six pack even after two other children. You are so close! :)
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. This is something I have been fretting over. I slowed down my weight lose and all because I want to give my skin time to get back in shape. My heaviest was much higher than yours. This still give me some hope. Again, thanks!
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing. This is something I have been fretting over. I slowed down my weight lose and all because I want to give my skin time to get back in shape. My heaviest was much higher than yours. This still give me some hope. Again, thanks!

Oh, my heaviest, now that's another story!!! At my heaviest weight, during nursing school, I was 260lb's! ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!