small girls (size 2-8) under 5'4, where do you shop?

godblessourhome
godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
what is your favorite store?

right now i am trying to decide if i want to continue losing weight or if i am done. if i continue to lose weight, i will need to find new places to shop because my favorites don't carry the extra smalls that i will need.

oh, probably better include your age too. nothing worse than someone (aka me) dressing too young for their age. lol.

thanks ladies!

Replies

• The Buckle!!! esp BKE jeans and silver jeans!
  • oh and im 29..shh..lol:laugh:
  • jillybeanruns
    jillybeanruns Posts: 1,420 Member
    Let's see I'm 5'3 1/2 and my #1 store is Banana Republic - I'm mostly a 2Petite there. Oh and I'm 26!
  • I'm all about BP, the juniors section of Nordstrom. I'm 20 but the clothes there are very professional looking
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    I am 5' and wear a 0 or a 2...better in a petite but I must be oddly proportioned as petites can feel too short...anyway...I like Old Navy becuase you can get short length in some of their pants...Kohls is tough for me now as they don't do a lot of XS...Target has cute stuff but the pants are always too long but tops etc are a good buy there. Oh...at Kohl's I have found some of the trendier brands d have 2's and XS.....I am 36 with 4 kids but I like to look cute...I won't shop in juniors unless it is for something like a long sleeve ****e tshirt...etc
  • jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    I'm 29 years old, 140lbs, 5'4", and size 4-6. If you're a bargain shopper, I love Old Navy or good ol' Target. If you're looking for a more professional look, I :heart: :heart: :heart: The Limited. Banana Republic is awesome too, but usually more than I like to spend. Hope this helps, and I am looking forward to seeing what others say (maybe I'm missing out on some great stores out there).
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I love stores that sell pants in short length too. Old Navy always has short, same with New York and Company. That's my favorite store for work-type clothes, and they have GREAT jeans. I'm wearing the dark wash bootcut jeans and they have a bit of spandex in them so they fit like a glove and don't stretch out. Banana Republic is good too. I've found that tops at Old Navy run really big. I have some sweaters from there and I bought smalls. I'm only a size 8 and 5'3", so when I shrink more I'd probably need XS in that store. I also love me some JCrew :)
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Im not a size 2-8 yet but I am only 4 foot 11 inches so I can relate. Its hard to find clothes period that arent extremely expensive. Im 24 btw. But I havent really bought myself clothes in uhh 5 years or so and Im now trying to find out where to go for nicely priced clothes that will fit me. Im just so used to the normal SAHM clothes of jeans and my husbands t shirts but now that Im much smaller his shirts are too big and I wanna look alittle nicer
  • I am 41 and 122lbs. I am also just shy of 5' 4" and am constantly having to have my pants shortened! I shop mostly at Old Navy and find that i still need to shorten my Regular length pants. "Short" is too short for me. I you do find a brand you like, just buy it and find a good tailor. I also like Title 9 - they have a great website and their store in Denver is Awesome! Calvin Klein is a good jean too. again, great fit but still had to have them shortened. Good luck = )
  • Kanakake
    Kanakake Posts: 119 Member
    I am 5'1 and 24 years old and I buy my jeans and some sweatshirts from Aeropostle. They are very good about selling petite pants.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    thanks girls! i forget about banana republic as an option because most of the time they are so spendy, but i do love their clothes! i haven't been in old navy for a while so i will check that out. :) some of these stores i have never heard of (title 9), and some of them i felt too old for (but maybe i'm not?). unfortunately, target clothes have never worked for me. anyway, thanks for all the ideas!
  • raelbee
    raelbee Posts: 219
    I'm 5'4" 107 pounds, and a size 0-2, and 32 y.o. I love J Crew and buy most of my work clothes either there or Banana Republic. Gap can be good too, or even H&M for a good bargain, and they carry a wide range of styles. Enjoy shopping for those smaller sizes!
  • khollyk
    khollyk Posts: 150 Member
    I'm 5'4", 24 y/o. I like some of the not so flashy stuff at American Eagle, as well as Old Navy, H&M and Express. And can't forget about Target!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    I'm not this size (right now) or quite that short, but Banana Republic, Gap, and Ann Taylor Loft all have great petite sections with cute but age appropriate clothes.

My problem is that I'm too short for regular length pants but just barely too tall for petites. (I'm 5'5 1/2)
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    OOOOO... forgot...depending on what I am looking for I will check the kids department. I can fit into a kids XL...so I recently got sweats and running tights for about 25% cheaper by shopping in the kids...now clearly I can't buy work clothes there but again if it is something basic like a white tshirt, grey sweats etc I will check in kids...it is so cool
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    I forgot about the kids' department! I am nowhere near those sizes right now (maybe someday again...), but when I was much smaller I would shop in the boys department for shirts sometimes.
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    i shop Target, Old Navy, Gap, wish I could shop J. Crew and BR, but too pricey. I also find good stuff at Kohl's and JC Penneys. I also am starting to shop at Goodwill - amazing what you find there! I also like to shop the kids dept - just gotta make sure it doesn't have flower / butterflies all over them..LOL the other day I tried on my 6 yr old sons shirt and it fit too! (he's a size 7)
This discussion has been closed.