When should I weigh myself?

Hi! I know that this has already been asked but when should I weigh myself? When I was doing WW I weighed every week. I was thinking of doing it once a month so I can focus on fitting into my clothes and just not the number. Any suggestions? Thanks :)

Replies

• toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Same time, same circumstances, same clothes. That's what matters.

Generally in the morning after you've gone to the loo is a great time to do it.
  • Great! Thanks!
  • erin8389
    erin8389 Posts: 16 Member
    I weigh ever week because it helps me stay motivated. but its up to how you get effected by it if you get down by a small gain or even just a small loss its probably better not to weigh as often and maybe take measurements as you may be losing cms/inches but its not showing on the scales
  • stt43
    stt43 Posts: 487
    I never weight myself. I don't like giving my scales the satisfaction of knowing they've won.
  • I agree! I
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    I reckon at around 9 in the morning...
  • kingscrown
    kingscrown Posts: 615 Member
    I weigh myself every Monday morning right after I wake up and go to the bathroom. I feel like Mondays help keep me from going crazy with food over the weekend too.
  • ell_v131
    ell_v131 Posts: 349 Member
    Same time, same circumstances, same clothes. That's what matters.

Generally in the morning after you've gone to the loo is a great time to do it.

This. Whether you weigh in every day/week/month is entirely about preference. Some people like to watch trends so they weigh daily, some just want to make sure they are on the right path once in a while.

I would add to the above that I weigh 1 day after my rest day (because of water weight).
    Maybe start taking measurements too, because that is a great indicator of how you're doing!
  • Fodao
    Fodao Posts: 62 Member
    I weigh myself every Monday morning right after I wake up and go to the bathroom. I feel like Mondays help keep me from going crazy with food over the weekend too.

Same here, except I do it every day because I love watching data over time, and I'm not disheartened by day-to-day fluctuations.

It just makes sense to do it first thing. I'm already in my underwear, my belly and bladder are empty, and the scale is right there. Only takes a second...
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    As someone who can't help their tiny brain from seeing their weight as a direct result of the previous days eating and exercise(which is totally screwy, but old habits die hard,) I found the best results weighing myself everyday and averaging it out after a week.

It still didn't really help when I started a new phase of intense triathlon training and held tons of water for three weeks though. I was panicking as I was on a deficit and not losing. Then I dropped a few pounds when I went into a rest week and realised I'd over cut!

Just trust those calorie ins and outs.

Maybe weigh once a month at the same time, say just after your period.

I'm using the skinny jeans method at the moment and I'm trying to maintain, jeans get too tight, knock a couple hundred calories off.
  • Thank you everyone!!