Bad Day - Over 432 cals

Options
Had a bad day. I found out one of my high school friends died in Iraq. Then I found out I have Epstein Barr. I didn't know what it was and the nurse who called with my results didn't help so I got upset and stopped at McDonalds. I got a small frappe and small fry. Now I feel so guilty. I was doing so good. Ugh. I hate bad days.

Replies

• Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    I'm really sorry about your friend. We have lost far too many soilders I hate it. Did you find out what Epstein Barr is??
    Don't beat yourself up PRE-MFP I would have ate a hell of a lot more and I am sure most of us would have after hearing news like this! ((((huge hugs))))
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Had a bad day. I found out one of my high school friends died in Iraq. Then I found out I have Epstein Barr. I didn't know what it was and the nurse who called with my results didn't help so I got upset and stopped at McDonalds. I got a small frappe and small fry. Now I feel so guilty. I was doing so good. Ugh. I hate bad days.

I'm thinking that right now, eating at McDonald's is probably the thing you should be the least concerned with. First of all you've experienced a significant loss - food often soothes those kinds of losses for some reason. 2nd: Mono = is nothing to take lightly. You need to really take care of yourself right now and not even focus on losing weight. Eat healthy and get rest - take the prescribed medications and be kind and gentle to yourself.

Vickie
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    One bad day is just that. One bad day. Make the conscious effort to start fresh tomorrow!

Besides are we not allowed one high cal day?
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    And I forgot.... Good luck on moving forward.

and sorry for your loss.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Don't worry about going over today. One day is not going to ruin all your hard work, so don't let it stress you out. You have more important things to worry about. Also, you probably won't gain anything, besides a little water weight from the sodium. So please don't stress the small stuff. We can't all be perfect every day. And I am so sorry about your friend and your diagnosis. I pray that tomorrow is a better day for you :flowerforyou:
  • daniraebug
    daniraebug Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    one day is just one day, and we all have them. Even the skinny people. But remember that it is only ONE day and get back on tomorrow. Take this as a chance to learn and listen to your body as you not only grieve but as you help your body heal. Take to writing in a journal before you eat, and that might help you not eat your emtions.

I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
  • o2blori
    o2blori Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Sorry about your bad day. Don't beat yourself up over it. Tomorrow's a whole new day. Take care and keep smiling!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I'm terribly sorry to hear about your loss. But don't worry about the calories. It happens. And that's okay. You deserve the afternoon off. And then tomorrow you can get back on track.

But it's most important to heal. And I'm with others who have said try a journal, or talk to other people, do what you need to feel better.

And please thank the family of your friend for his service. We appreciate it, and we appreciate them giving him for our freedom.
  • blueelephant1212
    blueelephant1212 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    we will all have bad days, we can move on and try to do better tomorrow. i know when i'm upset i'm more prone to fast foods and junk. i am so sorry for your loss, but epstein barr is not a death sentence. take the meds, try to get some rest and keep on truckin!

Kristy:wink:
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry to hear about your friend, I honestly would not worry about having MacDonald's and being over your goal, we all have bad days and we are allowed to treat ourselves.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

And please thank the family of your friend for his service. We appreciate it, and we appreciate them giving him for our freedom.

This. I was thinking of what to say...and she said it perfectly.
    Don't beat yourself up...:flowerforyou:
  • TwiFan5
    TwiFan5 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I'm very sorry to hear about your friend, I honestly would not worry about having McDonald's and being over your goal, we all have bad days and we are allowed to treat ourselves.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    plus remember - if you are at a 500 cal deficit you did not ruin anything, you maintained for the day.
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    Pre-MFP I always thought about chocolate when something stressful came up. It calmed me. I did that today without even thinking. I should have thought to workout. Oh well. It's a bad day. Thanks for all of your encouraging works. It means so much. He did serve our country well and he's got wings now!

Oh, my Epstein Barr they said is not acute, meaning it's currently not flaring but I'll always have it. So at least that's good news. I did have to call back and talk to a nurse who knew what she was talking about! The first one was short with me acted like she didn't have time to explain it to me. There are no meds for that. I just was told to treat the symptoms. The good thing is, since working out, I have so much more energy! I'm definitely going to keep up my workouts and eating healthy. It should help, I'm thinking.

Again, thanks for your encouraging works. I am so grateful for you all.
  • suzukigrl
    Options
    i had a double cheeseburger and fries last night. i was over by 1000 cal. there's your bad day. lol. please don't beat yourself up for going over. not right now. stressful times makes us revert sometimes. but i'm back on today and you will be tomorrow.
  • elainegsd
    elainegsd Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm so very sorry to hear about your friend! Loss is hard, my 55 year old cousin died this week, so I understand.

Can you go take a walk? It might help destress you, clear your mind AND burn off a little of the McDs... If not, no worries. Tomorrow is a new day, right?
  • gracienkaidens_momma
    Options
    Yes I'm back on today. Had a healthy breakfast, going to get done some cleaning and log that calorie burn, do a short kettlebell workout and try out my Jillian Michaels workout.
  • shawnnshinta
    shawnnshinta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear that. But just use this day as a free day, and use your free day as a monitoring day. no guilt!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear your bad news. I'm an emotional eater, so I definately can understand how you can feel down about yourself for "cheating," but you didn't go whole hog. You ate well the rest of the day. Everyone deserves a treat once in a while and, given the news you had, I'm sure food is a better way to vent than other unhealthy ways. Just workout a little longer tomorrow and get right back on track with the next snack/meal you'll eat. You'll take the weight off in no time!

Shannon
  • suzukigrl
    Options
    see? you're back on today. kudos to you.