i weigh over 300 pounds -_- is anyone obese/super obese?

Options
Im 5'8'' and i think i weigh 330 pounds as a female. what is your/ what was your heaviest weight? whats the most weight you've lost at one time and how long did you keep it off? (i lost 30 pounds in a month and i think it stayed off for 4 -5 months )

Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    There are many people on here who started that high and much higher. I started at 300lbs and lost 126 in about 17 months. I follow the principals laid out here in the threads below. Which are eating at a calorie deficit, of course. Weighing and measuring all my food and logging consistently. Then I exercise for fitness and weight train to maintain lean muscle mass. I did not cut out any of the foods I love. See my diary, it's public. I have ice cream or something similar everyday. Here are some helpful links and an awesome success story.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/833026-important-posts-to-read
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1103164-3-yrs-312lbs-lost-1yr-from-bodylift-and-maintenance
  • xBeKax
    xBeKax Posts: 24
    Options
    Hey :)

Im 5'8 and weight 120kg most heaviest ive been. most i've lost was 15-20kg in 6 months but then put it all back on and then some. over another 6 months i think it took me to put it back on.
    I have to lose 45kg to be in my healthy BMI.

I really want kids! So i have to see if this will help. Im aiming to lose 10kg before my wedding in march :)

Feel free to add me if you want im on all the time and i post often when im not too busy at work :)
  • xenaroadwarrior
    Options
    I started at 165kg ( 365lbs). Have lost and regained many times over the years (always plus a little extra for good measure), but never again!

It's been 3 months exactly and I have lost about 20kg (45lbs), so currently at 145kg (320lbs). And I intend for that number to keep getting smaller, at least until it's less than 200, then I wiill reevaluate.

Have sent a friend request, if you are interested
  • Krad81
    Krad81 Posts: 6
    Options
    I started this week and weighed in at 118kg - thats ±260lb. I want to loose 28kg (±61lbs) and this time I want to keep it off. If I loose the 28kg I will still have a BMI of over-weight, but it will be a great achievement for me. Then I will take it from there. About 14months ago I lost almost 15kg but stopped because it was the festive season and since then I put it all back on again.

Xena - congrats on the 20kgs so far!!!
    Cindy - WOW! well done!

So I suppose we can do this! Keep going strong (she says after only 3 days hahahahahahaha)
  • lisacarrana
    lisacarrana Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started my journey on the 30 June 2013, I was 338lbs, my current weight is 240lbs. Over Christmas I put on 4lbs, I believe most of this was through wine! Within a week I was able to work it off, thank goodness it felt good getting rid of it after all my hard work.

I still have 100lbs to go and I really don't think the next 100lbs will be easy, so I'm also very interested in the answers to your question.

I honestly believe I have made a life time commitment to this, but I guess you never know whats around the corner, I do know people who have maintained their weight loss for years, they just watch what they eat and exercise, I truly hope I will be one of those people.

Best of luck on your journey.
  • Geschenkpapier
    Options
    At my heaviest I was 302lbs. Within 8 month I lost ~50lbs and kept nearly all of it off for about 3 years.

Now I started to reduce further. Had 264lbs by the end of August 2013 and am currently at 234 :)

Happy to give support if needed - feel free to add me!
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, 158cm and I started at 316lbs, 143kg on May 2nd, 2012. My BMI was 57.8 so I was classified as super obese. My lowest weight was 199lbs, 90kg. I've gained 5lbs, 2.26kg back because of pregnancy though. So, the most weight I've lost is 117lbs, 53kg and I've been keeping it at bay. I can't really say for how long because I'm not finished with my progress on me.

Feel free to friend request me!
  • Krad81
    Krad81 Posts: 6
    Options
    Wow BunBun85, well done!!! I'm sitting here worried about how I will lose 28kg and you have gone and lost 53kg! Congrats.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    November 2011 I weighed 149.2kg/329lbs. I lost 23kg/50lbs in six months. Then we moved country and I kept exercising but stopped tracking my food. I gained 6.6kg/15lbs back in seven months. Then last year I started tracking food again. I lost 36.6kg/80lbs last year. I didn't gain any over Christmas, in fact lost some in December. I currently weigh 96.6kg/ 212.7lbs. I've lost 52.7kg/ 116lbs to date.

I'm 5'7 and my starting BMI was 51.6. It's currently 33.4. I don't know about keeping the weight off as I did gain some when I wasn't actively tracking, but I'm still losing. My plan is to keep tracking no matter what! It seems like a very long and hard road when you're starting over 300lbs, but it's just a matter of putting one step in front of the other, and it will all add up, I promise. Just keep on going. With each little bit you lose it's easier to become motivated to lose more, you get more energy, start being able to move easier, before you know it you can exercise and it doesn't kill you... just keep going :)
  • brandykoeller
    Options
    When I started I weighed 233 and I am very slowly loosing I am at 225. It has been. A slow and frustrating process. But I am trying to stay positive.
  • mrsctpace
    mrsctpace Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Bump (for future reference)
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    My BMI says I am obese, yes, I don't *feel* obese though.

I am 5 ft 3 and 186 pounds and want to hopefully drop 42 pounds (3 stone)
  • akdollie
    akdollie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    The heaviest weight that I am aware that I was at is about 270. I didn't weigh myself again after that and about a year later I got pregnant. I'm sure I was well over 300 pounds by the time I had my daughter ( I never was even tempted to peek- denial I guess.) I'm at 222.8 right now and I've tried many things over the last 6-7 years and would lose and gain some back- I've thankfully never gained back all I lost, usually just about half of it. My focus now though has changed from when I first tried losing weight. I used to shoot for a number goal and only that. Now I'm more committed to making sure I get all the required nutrients and such through a cleaner more whole diet as well as trying to stay active in many different ways. I'm also focusing on adding lean muscle so I might have a higher goal number than the chart may list for my height but I'm not worried about that.
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    5'6" tall
    HW: 360.2 8/18/13
    SW: 357.6 9/1/13
    CW: 333.6
    I have lost 30# here and there over the years but I never really tried. I lost 50# in 2005 by just walking everywhere I went but I still ate what I wanted. This is the first time I am actually focusing on nutrition and exercise.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    There are quite a few groups with those looking to lose 100+ pounds that you might want to check out. Just go to groups (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups), type in 100, then hit 'search'. Finding others with similar goals as you might be helpful!
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    A couple of years ago I was at 357 pounds. I got down to 287 but then was put on a med that cooked my thyroid. I went up to 322. I stayed there for awhile until I had an episode with my eating disorder and, of course, lost a fair amount of weight but in the wrong way. It jumped back on in spurts. I was put on another med a year ago and my weight soared from 310 to 339. It's been fluctuating a bit since then. When I weighed on the third I was 337.8. It is a hard struggle, but it is possible. I am willing to fight for every microgram I can scrape off.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I am not but there have been so many success stories that we know it’s possible. Just keep positive, be truthful with yourself, keep your logs, and get a close group of supporters who will keep you charged.

Best wishes.
    V/r,
    DW.
  • HollyColeman91413
    HollyColeman91413 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey all I weighrd in this morning at 382.6 I started at 390 so I totally get it. My husband and I are wantin to habe kids byt my doc said I need to loose weight we set a goal of. 40 lbs lost by April 10. Thing is I get so unmotivated amd kind of.alone my husband does not get the feeling of being obese. So I really sont have anyone who gets me and how hard it is.
  • ccmzone2013
    ccmzone2013 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hey!

I used to be 385 - 11 months ago :)

Now I am 203

If I can do it . . You can! No gimmicks...

Exercise & be TRUE TO YOURSELF!

Wish you all the best!

Check out my profile..feel free to add!
  • loveanddestroyx
    loveanddestroyx Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I was searching for threads about this and came across this one!

My highest was 368.
    I started at 363 in July 2013.
    Now I'm at 316.

It's hard to find people here who weigh what I weigh/used to weigh.