How much weight!

Options
Hey guys im looking for some advice! Im 18 years old currently weigh 9st 5lb ( 133 pounds) i am 5ft 3 . Im looking two loose around 2 stone but people keep saying i will be too skinny and that is too much. Im currently only eatingg 800 cals a day plus regular excercise in order to acheive my goal. Can anyone suggest a healthy amount of weight i should aim to loose?

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    While the BMI isn't the be all end all of health indicators, it is a reasonable bench mark for most of us. Your BMI is approx 23 which puts you in the healthy weight range for your height. Losing 2 stone would put you in the underweight category.

You do not need to lose weight, but you may want to focus on building strength and toning up.

You are not eating enough food and are heading into disordered eating territory.

I would suggest you talk to your doctor.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    First of all, troll alert.

Second of all, if you're a real person, you're being foolish.

Third of all, if this isn't all a pack of lies, and I suspect it's just a bored person making a fake account -- if you can internet search enough to find My Fitness Pal, you can internet search enough to find a BMI chart to locate an appropriate weight range for your height..

If you're going to use MFP, follow the program it suggests for you. You're doing it wrong.
  • pmackie863
    Options
    No im am not a troll i am new to dieting/ fitness and health and im looking for advice. I understand 2 stone is too much now and im looking to find a healthy goal weight.
  • briannanoelg
    Options
    800 calories is not enough. You're dipping into starvation territory, especially if you're exercising.

Focus more on toning and losing inches than on weight.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    You do not need to lose many if any pounds, what you can do to improve the way your clothes fit is exercise...this will strengthen and build muscle. On a pound for pound basis, muscle is less dense (visually smaller) than fat, therefore clothes will fit better.

To stress again though, you need to eat a lot more than 800calories, at least 1200cals and more if exercising.