80 lbs down! 107 to go! (Progress PICS)

So I applied for The Biggest Loser in May? I think May of 2013... I didn't get picked, but what that experience did for me was I ENVISIONED myself losing the weight and winning the money. To get myself hyped up for the auditions, it was days of positive supportive self-talk. Tons of "You can do this" It literally made all the difference in my head! When I found out I wasn't on the show I was like "Well I'm just guna do it by myself!" And off I went! First thing and MOST IMPORTANT thing I did was quit drinking. On top of all the calories in alcohol, when I would drink, all my willpower went out the window and I always ended up eating crap right before bed. The other most important thing was I found My Fitness Pal! I had no idea how much sodium was in everything until I saw a red number at the bottom of that column! I actually adjusted my goals and further diminished my sodium intake to 1500mg a day. That's when my husband noticed I was loosing weight is when I cut back on sodium... he noticed a vein in the back of my hand as I was pouring water into a glass. He said "I can really tell your changing"
Anyway... I'm still not quit halfway to my goal, but I wanted to share my progress pics!...

ok I can't figure out how to add pictures to the post so I made my photo the before and after photo... HELP! I have others I'd like to share

Replies

• MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Awesome job! Your after pic is great...you look so much happier!
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Awesome job, and I'm glad that you were able to do it without going on a show notorious for shaming people into being fit and promoting unhealthy weight loss tactics.

Keep it up.......although you might not win a big monetary prize, you'll still be a winner with your health and dignity intact.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    I can't see any pics but congrats to you!
  • I can't figure out how to add them to the post :( Any Help would be great!!!
  • elle_321
    elle_321 Posts: 63 Member
    I haven't tried to post photos yet but I noticed there is a sticky post at the top of the list with instructions on posting photos.
  • Livin4me1969
    Livin4me1969 Posts: 745 Member
    You look wonderful!! You should be really proud of how far you have come and good luck on the continued journey! YOU CAN DO IT!!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!