biotin?

Options
gecho
gecho Posts: 426 Member
I finally got my biotin and took my first one this morning:wink:

I hope all the advice is right and my hair will stop falling out by the tons! I love my thick curly pretty hair and REALLY don't want to cut it. (about waist length) :brokenheart: but i will to save it from losing thickness.

I'm only 3 months away from my brother-n-laws wedding and i have the most AMAZING hairstyle that i want to put with my dress.

any ideas how long before this actually takes effect?:huh:

Replies

• jdawne
    jdawne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I noticed mine within a week. I take 3 every night before going to bed. If I forget a few days, I notice when I wash my hair and having more than normal falling out.
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My hair grows super slow so I didnt notice every much with the biotin until like....maybe a month of taking them. But biotin really helped my nails to grow almost instantly lol well, not quite that fast but like a week or 2 made a huge difference.
  • gecho
    Options
    I noticed mine within a week. I take 3 every night before going to bed. If I forget a few days, I notice when I wash my hair and having more than normal falling out.

should i be taking more than 1 a day?
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I was taking 1 a day for a few months. Didn't see a change so started taking 3 a day. After about 3 months I could see new sprouts all over my head. I was so relieved.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    You should friend me. I have the same problem. I used to have thick curly hair too. I take a biotin supplement now. It is very frustrating, I can relate. :flowerforyou:
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have taking biotin for quite some time, I color my hair all the time and it somehow always stays in my head.... so I guess I can contribute that to the biotin..
  • GunNut37086
    GunNut37086 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the hair issue, but my wife is a RN and she tells me that Biotin also helps your body metabolize fats and carbs.
  • gecho
    Options
    You should friend me. I have the same problem. I used to have thick curly hair too. I take a biotin supplement now. It is very frustrating, I can relate. :flowerforyou:

How many do you take a day?
    i really hope this works
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Increase your protein intake and condition your hair with an egg to stop fall out.
  • aymetcalf
    aymetcalf Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I usually take 1 a day but i'm thinking of starting to take 2 a day... one in the morning and one at night. I don't know if it has helped my hair much but it has definitely made my nails and skin better.
  • gecho
    Options
    Increase your protein intake and condition your hair with an egg to stop fall out.

what? like smoosh an egg in your hair and rinse it back out? or leave it in or what? :smile:
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Leave it in for about 10 minutes, then rinse. It really works.
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    My dermatologist said that the recommended therapeutic amount of biotin is 2500 - 5000 mcg. I have a bottle from Nature Made, I believe (it's the green bottle ones you see at Kroger and Wal Mart) and they are 5000 mcg and I take one a day. Biotin is water soluble and any extra should be flushed away. (I googled to make sure it's water soluble but you might want to look on your own :wink: )
  • jdawne
    jdawne Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My bottle says up to 5 a day, so I take 3. Actually now that I am back to really focusing on weight loss, I may up it to 4, as I started noticing this week my nails are more brittle and my hair loss is more than normal.