My first real 5K run after graduating the C25K program

Options
jrkingery
jrkingery Posts: 107 Member
This morning I did a 5K charity run to benefit the Children's Miracle Network. I finished in a respectable (for me) 27 minutes, 10th overall, and third in my age group. I realize this wasn't a "serious race" or I would have come in much further behind the pack leaders, but considering that 6 months ago I could barely manage to run for more than a minute or two at a time I'm very happy.

For all of you working your way through the Couch-2-5K program... it works!

Replies

• aliciadjackson
    aliciadjackson Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
    I"m currently on week 6 of C25K...and am looking for a 5K near me to run in in January!
  • boniekatie
    Options
    Congratulations, and by the way you look great! :wink:
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Way To Go!! What a wonderful accomplishment!!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! :drinker:
    That is awesome!!! =)
  • Jansapphire
    Options
    Great run - I as well did the C25k a few years back - Congratulations - you're pretty fast on your toes !! LOL
  • TaneeisFitforLife
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! :drinker:
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm running a 5K on Thanksgiving, and right now, I'm not doing C2-5K program, I am doing my own thing that works. I'm up to 3.1 miles, with a time of 37 minutes. Keep up the good work!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    Congrats there!!! :o)
  • pandorajk
    pandorajk Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have all the information for the C25K program, but so far have lacked any follow through. Your accomplishment is inspiring! I am going to try again starting this week!
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start c25k today!
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That's awesome!

About to move on to Week 2 of C25K after doing Week 1 for three weeks, haha. Can't wait to get where you are!!!
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    That is great time especially considering not having been running prior to this program. Great job!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!