Fat (114kg/251lbs), Frumpy and over 50!

Options
I've been on here a while (since Jan last year under a different username).

Started at 122kg/269lbs. :cry:
Lost 13kg/29lbs. :bigsmile:
Put 5kg/11lbs back on. :cry:

Trying to start again in 2014. Not doing too well so far so thought that some friends for mutual support might help.

As the title says I'm also frumpy (trying to change that too - losing the weight might help!).

Nothing I can do about being over 50 :cry:

Other complications include Type 2 diabetes and hypothyroidism.

Any takers?

:drinker:

Replies

• TheNextMrsBiao
    Options
    I joined January last year too, logged in for about 5 days then gave up lol. Just found my log in details so thought I'd try again. Also diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Please feel free to add me :smile:
  • Wendy2911
    Wendy2911 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I have a lovely set of friends on here so would really recommend it!
    I find a few really supportive, active friends are much better than loads who never bother or rarely log on.
    I log everyday (although had a short break at Christmas) and will comment as much as I can (but not all the time).
    I feel frumpy, just hit 45 and determined to be fit and 50 not fat and 50!

:-)
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! Really helps when you get active and motivational friends. I'm 52, weighed in at 167 lbs on 2nd January - 9lbs on since mid-December!!! Trying to get back to my goal weight of 9 stone 12 before I visit my sister in Oz hopefully next year :smile:
  • MamaGoat1
    MamaGoat1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also. 53, 206, umpteenth time to try. Ready again. Trying to eat clean and go basically wheat free. Would love to have friends for accountability.
  • shinyshell55
    shinyshell55 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I am 58 and have kept my weight off for well over a year. I joined in November of 2011 and it took me a year to lose the weight. I started out at 190 and am down to 110. I believe taking the long view, counting your calories and working out hard is the formula for losing weight and keeping it off. I recently published a book called Over 50, Overweight & Out of Breath, A Year of Going From Super Fat to Super Fit(available on Amazon). It is my story about how I realized after an accident that I was heading down the slippery slope of possibly having to deal with some form of chronic illness. I have to say that I feel younger, happier and have reached a level of fitness that I thought not possible at this age. One last thing. I know it is a cliche but - if I can do it anybody can. The rewards of having a thinner super fit body are not just about vanity but about healthy aging. Don't be too hard on yourself and don't try to do too much all at once. I slowly changed the way of eat over a long period of time. I didn't look at this as a diet or some sort of deprivation. You can do it, I promise!
  • crazyforbooks
    Options
    I would like to join your support group too. 54 years old, 201.8 lbs (yes, I am watching the .8), diagnosed type 2 two weeks ago, and now I am determined to make that go away. HELP!
  • cloverland906
    Options
    Hi, I'm almost 49 and have a goal of being back to near college weight by the time I'm 50. It's a life change to realize that I'm worth the effort. Seems like the longer I monitor my calorie intake then the easier it is - hopefully that means its becoming a norm in my life. I sure would like to hear how others are doing who are closer to my age are doing. Stay positive.
  • crazyforbooks
    Options
    So, how do I add you?
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Fat, frumpy, over 40, and have had hypothyroid most of my life. Added you.
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome!