Diagnosis of pseudo tumor cerebri at 22 and it is time to lo

Options
I am 22 years old and was told that if I do not lose weight I will lose my eye sight. The condition is called cerebral hypertension or pseudo tumor cerebri which results in swollen optic nerves leading to blurry vision and if left untreated permanent vision loss. This is absolutely terrifying it truly is but I am hanging in there and I am determined to lose the weight. I am thankful to have found a site that makes it easy to track not only calories but my exercise as well. I wish everyone luck with there goals and it is a pleasure to "meet" you all.

Replies

• forswearitssight
    forswearitssight Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow. Good luck with everything. This is an extremely supportive environment, so you will definitely find the help you need :flowerforyou:
  • MarriedMama
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I'll be cheering you on. Best wishes with your goals too. You can do it :happy:
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your weight loss x
  • Pandemonium
    Options
    I am thankful to have found a site that makes it easy to track not only calories but my excercize as well. I

It's also a great place for support, and motivation. Welcome, and I know you will do well as I had a wake up call being diagnosed with a syndrome directly associated with obesity. So I understand somewhat you are feeling.

Hang in there.
  • hmsteph
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses. I really appreciate it!