Anyone in the Midwest?

Options
Hi all! My name is April. I am a 36 year old business professional from central Indiana. I have struggled with my weight all my life. I have gained and lost, gained and lost. I am recently unemployed and you know what that means! The pounds have been adding up! I do belong to a gym but have yet to created the habit to go everyday. A lot of my eating is emotionally and mindless eating so I am working hard on curbing that.
Anyways, I don't have much of a offline support system, so i am hoping to find a few friends here :)
I have over 50 lbs to lose.

Replies

• mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit to the north and west of you here in MN, but I'd be happy to help you out. When I was off of work for my back, I spent quite a bit of time every day in the gym, and was able to make it part of my daily routine.
  • Daisy471
    Daisy471 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like! I'm in MI. I was off work for a bit earlier in the fall and took advantage of the time off to work out nearly every day, but didn't maintain it once I was back to work. Trying to get back into that habit, though. I'm going to try running outdoors tonight, but it's hard to believe that it is going to get into the 20's as forecasted, it was -15 this morning (-25 wind chill)!
  • aprilkats
    aprilkats Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi! My name is also April, I'm also 36, and also in central Indiana (Carmel/Westfield area). Always been overweight, and hope to not always BE overweight! Feel free to add me! I'm not always perfect on here but I'm committed, been at it for over a year now.
  • lynnprice
    lynnprice Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    hello!!! I too am in Indiana!!! I'm up in Fort Wayne. Add me and we can whoop whoop each other!!
  • Delilahdoo
    Delilahdoo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in central Indiana and would be happy to help you. You can add me as a friend. Good luck on the journey and with job prospects.
  • Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I'm in IL, southwest of Chicago. I'm on a bit of an off streak at the moment, but gearing up for a big challenge starting on Monday, which i'm super psyched about. Feel free to add me - and stay warm!
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    HOOSIERS IN THE HOUSE...
  • drkuhl2017
    drkuhl2017 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I'm in SE Wisconsin, but I'd be happy to offer support. Add me, if you'd like!
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I live in Saint Louis. Went to college in Valparaiso, IN and lived for a while near Lafayette.

Add me if you like. I've got 80 pounds that I WILL lose by the end of the year.
  • loriaqui
    loriaqui Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Greenwood, IN Literally across the street from Indy! LMK if you need any help!
  • Jane2285
    Jane2285 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Iowa! Feel free to add me! I've lost about 30 pounds since my last baby and now, starting up again, I want to lose another 30...so I can motivate you and we can get it done together! Feel free to add me:)
  • CrusherKun
    CrusherKun Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Central Wisconsin Here. I use to live in Arkansas for about 10 years as a kid. But for the last 20 or so been up here in the land of beer, cheese, and beautiful women!

Always up for people to add! Locals are more fun too!

CK
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I'm in good ol' St Louis MO (well actually a bit north in a little town called Troy). Been here about 10 years. Trying to loose the "baby" weight my soon to be 5 year old gave me. I've also got PCOS so I've got the added bonus of difficulty losing weight because of it!
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick
    Options
    OHIO here :-)
  • tanone67
    tanone67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    NW Indiana - Portage Here!!! If anyone wants to add me. I can always use more buddies on here.
  • Marshmaster
    Marshmaster Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am in La Crosse, WI. Would love to have more support and friends too. Please add me if you wish.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Kansas City in the house!!!! :)
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm in MN, I've been laid off a couple of times and I always use that time to go to the gym every day. I would spend a couple hours every morning at the gym after I got home showered and looked for work, it was evening already. You can do this, even on the days you don't want to, you have to make yourself do it and you will feel so much better for it.
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Another Cheesehead here
    Im in Northern WI
  • MotherSquatter
    MotherSquatter Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    CINCINNATI. I lift weights, trying to lose 20-30lbs and maintain muscle at the same time. Looking into using Leangains for calorie recommendations cause I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to what I need in terms of calories, fat, protein, etc. I've just been overeating for the past year to make sure I hit my protein requirements and everything else just went out the window. Worked well for strength but not for fitting into my pants! :smile: