Good free workout apps

Options
Hi everyone

I received a Kindle Fire for Christmas this year and am looking for some suggestions of free workout apps to download. I've already downloaded a free Yoga app as well as a free Daily Workout app (with arm, leg, butt, and ab workouts). When I looked for others, I was overwhelmed by the number of options, so I figured I'd reach out to you folks. I have a gym membership and go 2-3 times a week, so this is just to give me a variety of workout options when I'm snowed in (like I was Monday).

Anyone have a favorite workout app they'd like to suggest? I also have some credits that could go towards purchasing an app, but I want to make sure its a good one :)

And.... go!

Replies

• bethanp
    bethanp Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    The MyFitnessPal app of course!

But for the actual exercise portion I recommend Fitocracy.

If you want to get crazy technical with your workouts then get JeFIT.

If you're looking for cardio-ish routines like Jillian Michaels 30-day shred, then get a youtube link set up for the BeFIT channel.
  • bethanp
    Options
    JeFIT might be close to what I'm looking for. I'm basically looking for apps with videos and routines to follow. I still use MFP for logging so the app is just for giving me a routine to do
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    nike training app
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    I'm basically looking for apps with videos and routines to follow.

The Lionsgate BeFIT Youtube channel is what you need.

1. In Kindle Silk (The kindle web browser), Navigate to here: http://www.youtube.com/user/BeFit
    2. Tap the Menu icon in the Options bar and tap Add Bookmark
    3. Tap OK
    4. When you want to access BeFIT just tap the Bookmarks button in Silk and select the Thumbnail
  • bethanp
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I already subscribe to that YouTube channel, just never thought to bookmark on the Kindle- I appreciate the step by step too since I've only had this new "toy" for about two weeks and am still learning how to use it.
  • Aymzc
    Aymzc Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    blogilates is good for workouts
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Sworkit. It's free, basic and to the point. Has cardio, yoga, stretching, and strength moves. You choose the workout and duration, they give you the moves and set the timer to tell you what to do when. Have your playlist going at the same time and you're good. Its kind of like a cross between HIIT training, Insanity, Plyometrics and Jillian Micheals workout DVDs.
  • aakaakaak
    Options
    Thanks for the responses! I already subscribe to that YouTube channel, just never thought to bookmark on the Kindle- I appreciate the step by step too since I've only had this new "toy" for about two weeks and am still learning how to use it.

Helpdesk habits come in handy.