Ripped in 30 results (pics welcome!)

Options

Replies

• angel0225mel
    angel0225mel Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've completed 30DS but still doing the workouts. I plan on starting Ripped in 30 in January... Given the business of the holidays. I loves 12 lbs and a few inches. I haven't kept track of inches but can tell :smile:
  • muffinsquee
    muffinsquee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I assume the reason why more people does 30 day shred is because it's free over the internet on YouTube, ripped in 30 is not available therefore, you have to buy the DVD

This isn't true, Google for any level of ripped and you will find it. I have them all up in my tumblr. It is really that easy to find, i think level 1 is on youtube and the other 3 are on different video hosting websites.
  • tallbold
    tallbold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing RI30 4x times a week but I have a New Year Goal to start from the beginning and do it properly. Starting Janurary 1st)

Shall we start a group? I am happy to post a topic and we can all write up the days we have done it, helpful tips, motivation and of course before and afters:)

Let me know what you think?

I also feel like theres alot of people into 30DS but not as many on RI30...would love the support X

I'm in for starting. I received the 90 body revolution for Xmas but would like to do ripped in 30 1st, 4 days a week.
  • harphy
    harphy Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I've had better results with 30 Days Shred than with Ripped in 30.RI30 is slightly deceiving - no women gets ripped in 30 days, but you certainly can loose weight in 30 days. I lost 4 lbs with 30DS and 2 with RI30. No visible muscels though.
  • Livgetfit
    Livgetfit Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Just started today. Week 1 kicked my bum for sure. I forgot to turn my HRM on for the first 5 or so minutes but in the remainder I burned 253cals (I have a sunnto HRM and it is harsh on cal burn so this is compartative to a about a 20 min jog)

I started but did not finish 30DS. I leant it to a 'friend' never to see it again but I am glad as RI30 seems much harder to me. Harder = more effective in my book.

I'll take pics today and post my progress. Anyone starting want to be friends?
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I just started Ripped in 30… have done two days so far and tomorrow will be day 3. Feel free to add me anyone, it's always nice to have friends going through the same programs!
  • JamieK84
    JamieK84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just wanted to share my experience. I used Ripped in 30 and 30 Day Shred last year and lost 45 lbs. I never followed her diet plan because I'm such picky eater, but I did workout pretty much every day. I saw not only a huge difference in my body, but a huge difference in my energy level. I just started doing Ripped in 30 again yesterday, and I'm looking forward to seeing the results! Oh, and I preferred the Ripped in 30 workouts better than 30 Day Shred, but they both work amazingly well :)
  • tallbold
    tallbold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!! Just finished day 2 today of Ripped in 30 and really like it. It's tough. I started her biggest loser last change workout and did 4 weeks. So would like to finish this 30 days. Looking to do the meal plan starting week 2. Hoping we can all motivate each other! Feel free to add me too!
  • taranhill
    Options
    Did Week 1, Day 4 of Ripped in 30 today! I'm pairing it up with Jillian's 6 Week 6 Pack DVD. Hoping for good results! I'll post before and after pics when I'm done. Please add me as a friend so we can motivate each other! :)
  • zomygod
    Options
    Started Ripped in 30 today!!!
    A bit similar to 30 day shred / Banish fat...but good!
  • naturalechokolate
    Options
    Today marks the day. This lady is gone to get Ripped In 30. It's been awhile since my workout/athlete days.
    I'm going to see this through. I hope we can start a group all the support, suggestions and inspiration would truly help in these 30DAYs with Jillian :-D. Please add me as a friend. Good luck everyone!!!!!:happy:
  • Resolve2B
    Resolve2B Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Another RIpped in 30 newbie here. I started RIpped in 30 over the holidays so my workouts were haphazard rather than every day. Yesterday I decided to start Level 2.

This is the first time I've used a DVD to workout. In the past I've used weight machines at the gym and found them to be effective. Time/conflicts are making it hard for me to get to the gym so I figured I'd give it a go.

When I read reviews between Jilian's 30DS and Ri30 a lot of people seemed to be saying they liked Ri30 best so that's what I decided to use. I agree with another comment here that no one is likely to really get "ripped" in one month using this program but I do think it is great for toning and weight loss. It's not an easy workout. I found I can make adjustments though. I use lighter weights when I'm struggling to get the "form" or when working some weaker muscles (like shoulders) and then pick up heavier weights to do other things when I know I can manage the weight. I try to work with as heavy a weight as I can.

I wasn't sure if I'd like the 3-2-1 approach and as it turns out, I don't. I don't like the 2 minutes of cardio so while she does those, I often just opt to throw in some other strength moves as my primary goal is to develop strength and to tone. There's plenty of cardio burn (even she says so) in the fact this is a "circuit" workout with no breaks.

I like her food plan but I'm using South Beach diet for a few weeks to try to drop a couple of pounds before heading for a "swim suit" vacation.

I too am interested in hearing from others who are doing this workout so feel friend to add me to your friend list! :)
  • mrsfeuer
    mrsfeuer Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I started ripped in 30 today! I took before photos on the 1st and i was doing her Backside for beginners to work myself up for a longer program.
  • b7bbs
    b7bbs Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I started RI30 and I am on Week 1 Day 4. I skipped a day but I will be making it up before I start the second week of the workout. I really enjoy working out with Jillian. I have asthma so I have to take small breaks to catch my breath. It really does bring me down a bit that my asthma stops me from really giving it my all, but I do try my best to bring it.

I have yet to take before photos and measurements, which I will be doing before the week ends. People at work tell me they see a difference. I feel stronger, and just feel really good.

I have RI30, 30DS, Banish, and no more trouble zones.

While I do RI30 I throw in Kathy Smith's Kettlebell Solution. Because Jillian's workouts are challenging, it makes the Kettlebell workouts more challenging, thus burning twice as many cals than if I were doing the Kettlebell workouts alone.

Feel free to add me :)
  • Appalachia7
    Appalachia7 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just started Ripped in 30 (still on Week 1 so no progress to report). It is a fun workout but my complaints are similar to Resolve2Bs in that I'd rather the cardio be replaced with weight lifting exericises. Also - doing combined exercises with the same weights are not as effective for me - if I am doing a weighted squat then right into an upright row....my legs could do a much heavier weight but I can't go as heavy because my arms wouldn't be able to row then. My goal is to do RIpped in 30 3-4 times a week and Insanity and running for my cardio on the other days.

I'm not knocking Ripped though - I am getting a good workout so far and have been a little sore after some of the exercises. I don't regret buying it and will see it through to the end.
  • dshalbert
    dshalbert Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hey, I just wanted to share my experience. I used Ripped in 30 and 30 Day Shred last year and lost 45 lbs. I never followed her diet plan because I'm such picky eater, but I did workout pretty much every day. I saw not only a huge difference in my body, but a huge difference in my energy level. I just started doing Ripped in 30 again yesterday, and I'm looking forward to seeing the results! Oh, and I preferred the Ripped in 30 workouts better than 30 Day Shred, but they both work amazingly well :)

45 lbs, That's amazing! I've also done both the 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30 and was never able to get through the 30 Day Shred due to knee and back issues. This does not seem to be a problem with Ripped in 30. Maybe because she switches things up more frequently?

I'm doing my 3rd round of Ripped in 30. I do it first thing in the morning and I love how engergized it makes me feel.
  • Determinedmama922
    Options
    Hey all! I just picked up ripped in 30 today! I'm starting it tonight, I have been doing the 30 day shred and finished level one ( was following it in YouTube) and went to buy the DVD to finish the last two levels but they didn't have it so I got ripped in 30 instead :/ oh well hope it gives me some good results! Please befriend me if you have done it and want to share your experience! I love the motivation it gives me :) thanks
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    Options
    I just did level one of RI30 for the first time and I actually liked it quite a lot more than level one off 30DS. For some reason, 30DS hurts my one shoulder.

I really liked the cardio portions better in RI30 level one comparatively as well. Except running man, which I do with the grace of a lumbering bear. For some reason, that one is SO hard for me!!

Looking forward to getting through to level two!
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I love both 30DS and Ri30. There are some moves that I just lack the coordination to do, so I substitute them for a different cardio exercise. Example: Every time I try to do the Running Man, I injure myself, so I've given up on that one.
  • allysteven880
    Options
    it is amazing, inspirational and great. thank you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!