SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Options
I did it! I met my goal! Man, I am sooooo psyched!

In July I weighed 166lbs and was a size 14. As of THIS MORNING, I am now 135lbs (and hopefully a size 6...that remains to be seen). YEA ME!

This really has been fun. I have learned that I can do anything I really want to do. I can lose 30lbs. I can run a 5K and am signed up for 3 more. I can actually go to the gym and like it. When I read the article about the lady who was "happier heavier" b/c the dieting stressed her out, I wanted to tell her that it's not about the diet. It's about doing something you never thought you could do. LA Fitness has a corny phrase on one of their walls that says something like, you can't reach a goal unless you challenge yourself. It's so corny, but it's true. I had to push myself through hating the treadmill. I despised the treadmill, but would get back on. And now it's one of my favorites.I had to force myself to stay on the elliptical even though I was tired and had met my goal of 2 miles. I'd done my 2 miles and figured I could get off. But where was the challenge in that? I kept thinking about that stupid phrase on the wall. I forced myself to do 3 miles. Then 4 miles. Now I do 5 miles. I have to force myself to not faceplant into that new package of double stuffed oreos or to order fish tacos instead of cheese enchiladas...and now I LIKE fish tacos.

I wish I had done this when I was younger. I wish I had known what I know now about challenging myself and doing something just because it's for YOU. I'll be 49 on Sunday and while I can continue to push myself and will now focus on maintaining and toning, I think about how much fun I would have had if I had been running 5Ks or half-marathons since my 20's. Or in a cycling club. Or whatever.

Here's the thing...we don't have to settle. We can accomplish whatever we want as long as we remain dedicated and are willing to work HARD.

I posted before/after pictures. The before pics were in Feb. 2013...remember the Carnival Triumph cruise that was stranded in the Gulf? I was there. These were obviously before we became a floating cesspool. The after picture is from this morning. Ignore the goofy look. My coworker took the picture and I was laughing and look like a dork.

before1_zps5ef7550d.jpg
before2_zps52d3a9a8.jpg
after_zps31644e23.jpg

Replies

• ruwise
    ruwise Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Well done. You look amazing!
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Great job! Inspiring! You look fantastic. Thank you for sharing your story even if I find it hard to believe you actually like the gym now lol. Keep up the great work.
  • laurenjmartin
    laurenjmartin Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Well done you!!
    x
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Well done. Carry on! You look outstanding.
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great! You deserve to reward yourself with a vacation. Maybe a destination race somewhere beautiful... Not a cruise! :tongue:
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!! You look amazing and I love your "corny" saying! You are a great inspiration!
  • Kleese86
    Kleese86 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Amazing work!!
  • jasper186
    jasper186 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great, good for you
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! Are you wearing an old belt? =p
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!!!!! :drinker:
  • hinzee4
    hinzee4 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look awesome!!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Way to GO Go GOOOOO !! Thats fantastic!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Great birthday present! You look great! Congrats!!
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT! Are you wearing an old belt? =p

ha ha! That's so funny! Yes, I just HAD to have this belt and now it's too big. I'm past the holes and am now using the braiding. My mom gave me a giftcard to Macy's for Christmas. Guess I need to buy a belt!

Thanks so much, ya'll! I could not have gotten this far w/o MFP and the forum! Next time I post pics they will be my new firm muscles!
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!
  • MizzTweezy
    MizzTweezy Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Great Job! The expression on your face just says it all! You should be so proud of yourself!
  • SpencersHeart
    SpencersHeart Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I've just joined this site and finding your post motivates me!

Congratulations!

I've written the "challenge" quote and will refer to it often.

~Dianne
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous!!! WTG!

:flowerforyou:
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've just joined this site and finding your post motivates me!

Congratulations!

I've written the "challenge" quote and will refer to it often.

~Dianne

Ah thanks! Friend me if you want a cheerleader.
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    ...and now I LIKE fish tacos.

giggity
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!