anybody else experiencing this????

Hi ive been dieting for 5 days now and stopped smoking for 5 days using patches so drastic changes this last week!! .also cut out all chocolate junk food and fizzy drinks just drinking water and no junk food
but since day 2 or 3 my head feels so weird like im completely spaced out and just weird like a fog myselr ive never felt better but this weird feeling in my head im going mad anybody know what this is?
Im eating really healthy is this all part of my body adjusting to the new me or is it more serious?

Replies

• jess135177
    jess135177 Posts: 186 Member
    Make sure you are eating enough calories. Also my boyfriend tried to quit using the patch and he felt dizzy and sick. Maybe that's part of it?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Yah that has to do with the not smoking I suspect. I quit once and can concur with that feeling...

Mind you all the other changes aren't needed...if you want to lose weigt stay at a reasonable deficet.
  • ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    My husband said he had days where he felt wierd with the patch too. He eventually quit using it because he didnt like the way it feld. You are quitting an awful lot all at once and its possible your body is just trying to adjuts. Make sure you are eating enough calories and getting enough water. If it continues it wouldnt hurt to check with your doc just to be safe. Good luck
  • Im eating about 1800-2000 calories a day and the patches im using never made me feel like this before thats what got me worrying and thinking it was my body adjusting from eating nothing but runnish to all of a sudden eating really well :)
    Its horrible knowing i feel great everywhere but my head feels horrible!
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    * dieting for 5 days
    * stopped smoking for 5 days using patches
    * cut out all chocolate junk food
    * and fizzy drinks just drinking water
    *and no junk food

but since day 2 or 3 my head feels so weird like im completely spaced out and just weird like a fog myselr ive never felt better but this weird feeling in my head im going mad anybody know what this is?
    Im eating really healthy is this all part of my body adjusting to the new me or is it more serious?

Feeling foggy, and somewhat euphoric, are often signs of too low calories. However, with ALL those changes.... you could probably feel just about anything. As long as you're eating enough, enjoy it while it lasts.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    My guesses would be too strong a patch or blood sugar fluctuations due to quitting smoking. I quit just over 6 months ago and found that drinking diluted OJ throughout the day helped my mental state as compared with previous attempts. Less dizzy, spacey and cranky. Also make sure your patch isn't too strong; it will say on the box which patch you should use reps I g on how much you smoked and when you smoked your first cigarette of the day.

Eta: article on nicotine withdrawal's effect on blood sugar:
    http://whyquit.com/joel/joel_03_21_blood_sugar.html
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    It could also be from a decreased intake of caffeine. Most Soda contains caffeine.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    quitting smoking is pure hell,.....
    your just cranky and miserable,
    your hot and cold
    your dizzy, light headed, sick feeling
    your stay up all night and have night sweats.
    you have weird twisted dreams

you just want to get back on the smokes again.

but don't/.
    its worth it when all the pain is gone.
    you will be symptom free soon enough
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    You said you quit fizzy drinks, does that mean caffeine, too? Caffeine withdrawal can cause that fuzzy feeling.
  • Carb flu. When you cut out that much sugar/carbs you might experience some symptoms such as headaches, low energy, and fogginess. Just push through and your body will regulate itself in due time.
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    I've found that when I go off sugar, the first few days I pretty much feel like crap. Dizzy, sometimes sick, super tired, lathargic. After about 3-4 days I always feel better. Like, amazing!
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Too much all at once. I won't say its impossible but the odds are not in your favor.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Giving up sugar can make you feel that way on its own, never mind giving up smoking as well. I wonder if you are trying to do too much at once and it's stressing your body?

How about giving up smoking this month, then fixing your diet next month? Or you could just eat more food - don't monitor your calories for a month but eat healthily while you give up smoking, and then cut back on your calories to lose weight after the nasty side effects of giving up smokng have subsided.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Maybe i should of done one thing at a time!
    Im eating 1800-2000 calories a day is this enough? Im struggling to eat anymore! Im 6ft 3 just wish this weird feeling would go i will be on top of the world when and if it does! Might take a trip to the doctors and get checked
    Thanks for all the posts
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    I would definitely try the diluted OJ idea that the previous poster said he used. Sounds like it could be anything but the OJ could help you figure out if its a blood sugar thing.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Quite ambitious to give up so much all at once. I quit smoking back in the 90s but didn't try to fix my eating and exercise patterns until about 13 months ago. Not sure I could have done both at the same time.

As others noted, might be best to make sure you're getting enough calories (and work at getting them from healthier sources).
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    It's the patch, most likely. Everyone I've know who has used them had similar symptoms, especially at first.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    I have done that kind of 180 degree turn, (but have never smoked) and it took several days for my body to adjust. I went through a junk food withdrawal, but it passed and then felt awesome! Just stick it out for a few more days.
    The nicotine withdrawals I have no experience with however, they may take longer.

God bless,
    Karen
  • Ive used these patches before and never experienced this feeling when i used them before which got me thinking is it because ive cut out all junk food and sugar? Is it the body adapting to the new lifestyle its been 3 days since this feeling started
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Ive used these patches before and never experienced this feeling when i used them before which got me thinking is it because ive cut out all junk food and sugar? Is it the body adapting to the new lifestyle its been 3 days since this feeling started

You say you gave up fizzy drinks and now only drink water. How much caffeine were drinking before? It could be caffeine withdrawal.