Long time user, first time poster

Options
Hello everyone!

My name is Martin Arroyo, and I've been using MyFitnessPal since 2010. Here is my story:

When I started using it I was in a bit of a weight loss rut. I had lost about 60 pounds on my own, but became stuck. I started at about 360lbs, but once I got around 300 lbs the scale refused to budge. Enter MFP. The pounds started melting off and before I knew it I saw the number "2" as the first number on the scale for the first time in years. I was ecstatic and had the app to thank for a lot of it. It helped me "see" what I was eating and kept me on track. The following year I was 140 lbs lighter and ran the NYC Marathon as I had set out to do when I was at my heaviest.

I am looking forward to communicating with others on here who are looking to start their own fitness journey, are on their way currently and those who have met their initial goals and are pushing further.

Let's chat!

-Martin Arroyo

Replies

• SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've made amazing progress!! Thanks for sharing your story and offering support :) Friend request sent!
  • robnkellysmurf
    Options
    wow, congrats. Just like you, I have been a long time user and am just now starting to utilize the community forum to spread the love in the knowledge pool of healthy lifestyle changes. Keep up the great work.
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    that is so amazing! congratulations on making it happen! :)
  • marroyo777
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You are all inspiring to me, and I'm looking forward to sharing the love and knowledge that I've gain, and learning from you all as well!
  • pwittek10
    pwittek10 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Congrats , you worked very hard!
  • mykneestretches
    Options
    Great.. you have a goal now..
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,586 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is an amazing story! Keep it up! :) Friend request sent.