Be nice to yourself - it'll help! Progress Pic

Options
2»

Replies

• gingoole
    Options
    A great story and wonderful reminder to all of us. You look FABULOUS!
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I agree. You look great!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    You look FANTASTIC!! Definitely an "after" photo you've shared.

Thank you for posting this.

I think attitude is so important. I have lost more weight after finally learning to like my body (even larger) than I ever dreamed of losing when I was feeling desperate and miserable.
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    What a great reminder for us all. Thank you for sharing and be proud of yourself. You are beautiful on the outside and your post shows that you are beautiful on the inside as well.
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Every part of your body has improved from last year's NYE photo, not just your face.
    Print out 10 copies of those comparison photos, and post them everywhere!

"Don't allow the PERFECT to overshadow the GOOD" progress you've made.

Best wishes!
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You are so right.I have lost 20 lbs since 9-13 and that is definently better than gaining.I did gain a few lbs over christmas but I got back on track and have dropped them.We do need to look at the progress instead of putting or self down for a small set back.I always tell myself as long as I never give up I can't fail.You look great and congrats on the change.
  • cappydos
    cappydos Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone - I'm glad this post was helpful :)
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration, you look fabulous, great job!
  • improvnmycurves16
    improvnmycurves16 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. I really needed to read this. Over the last few months I've lost 36 lbs and put 4lbs on over the Holidays. Now Im back at it but during the holiday seasons I was so hard on myself for gaining those 4lbs, but Ive come to realize look how far I've come, pat your self on the back. It took self displine, hard work and dedication. I got 39lbs to go and I know I can do it because I just did a few months ago. Instead of COMPLAINING ABOUT WHAT I DONT LIKE WHEN I LOOK IN THE MIRROR, IM GOING TO START TELLING MYSELF WHAT I DO LIKE AND ADMIRE THE CHANGE THAT I DO SEE. Thanks again.
  • MrsCZM138
    MrsCZM138 Posts: 116
    Options
    We all need that reminder sometime. Thank you! You look amazing!
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Ohhh girl you look FANTASTIC!!! It's really refreshing also to hear about someone who struggled with New Year's - we are never alone! Great work!
  • ct320
    ct320 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well done on what you have achieved so far you look great :)

Thanks for posting this just when I needed it :wink: - I have been down in the dumps this week and have done badly getting back to it after christmas and as a result been beating myself up and feeling like "why do I bother"
    I think your right if you focus on the positives it spurs you on and helps give you a positive mindset..........so here goes :smile: x
  • harley_rose
    Options
    Thank you , I too started a weight loss in 2011 lost 30lbs only to quit in 2012 to gain it all back.. Now in Nov 12 I decided it was time to get back at it.. I realize just because the scales are not moving, I need to focus on the little things, like fitting in that awesome corset I had purchase for my wedding which was way too tight yet now fits like a sleeve.. It is the little things I am trying to focus on.
  • mygreatgoal
    mygreatgoal Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You really look just great! Thank you very much for this post!!! I felt just the same being 80 kg in
    September and then gaining up to 83 :(! You made my day :))) so I figured a new plan and gonna stick to it.
  • cavillsnumber1
    cavillsnumber1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Well done you look fab! Given me alot of motivation now to keep this up, I only joined on Sunday and seeing this has made me see that even though my end result is 47 lb away its worth sticking to when you see results like this. Well done x
  • Dannosjourneytofit
    Dannosjourneytofit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting this. This is exactly how I was feeling!
  • jennykcmo
    jennykcmo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you about being kind to ourselves, and also I'm amazed at your transformation! Honestly you look like you've lost way more than 35 or 40 lbs! You look awesome!! Thank you for this reminder to constantly celebrate the positive.
  • nh5nh5
    nh5nh5 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    WOW, I hope you are still motivated by these pictures. :smile:
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Belated congrats. How the year as flown already.
  • cebelton
    cebelton Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I know it's random to find this post in July, but it's exactly what I needed today! Thanks for the post!! Congrats to you on all the little things you've achieved!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!