Any coffeeaholics out there?

Options
I am so huge on coffee..drink several cups of a day with flavored creamer. It's bad. Anyone else the same way who doesn't log ALL the coffee/flavored cram you drink? I'm trying to cut down to only 2 cups in the morning and should work on green tea or something for the afternoon for a pick me up, but it's easier said then done for me. It's my most addictive habit. COFFEE!!

Replies

• kanonxbou47
    kanonxbou47 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I can't live without my coffee. Usually, I just drink one cup with a lotta creamer and sugar, and that gets me through school.

Then, I bring some caffeinated tea and drink it at lunch. :D tea is good, 'cause it's got no calories, plus earl grey with splenda tastes delicious hot or cold.
  • raindancer
    raindancer Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I am a true addict. I mostly just use splenda but I do use the sugar free flavoring syurps sometimes. I gotta have it and don't even try to quit.
  • loris52
    Options
    I love coffee to!!! i have filter coffee, with 2 sugars...have around 3\4 day which i think is not that bad...i need it with a 12 week old baby!!! :-)
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I love my coffee, especially in cooler weather. I'm not really into flavored coffee-- just mostly Classic Roast Folgers. Once in a great while I might mix in a fat free hot cocoa pkg in my coffee for a whopping 25 cal! It's pretty good w/ a sprinkle of cinnamon in it, too. I have trouble drinking water in cooler months, so I drink 1 cup of water every hour from 10 - 5 just to get in my minimum.
  • jpjh504
    Options
    Not only am I a total coffeeaholic, I manage a small local chain of coffeeshops. I slowly weaned myself off of the flavored stuff - not an easy task I know. Now I use just a touch of chocolate or vanilla soy milk in my coffee. I feel your pain : )
  • k8ieP
    k8ieP Posts: 54
    Options
    Must have my coffee but have been drinking it black for about 8 years. I drink some form of black tea with no cream or sugar in the afternoons.

Sugar alternative = HONEY!! It is so great!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I have 1-2 cups everyday...sometimes more if need be. I usually use powdered creamer at work and milk at home. I will use 1-2 teaspoons of sugar per cup but have been trying to cut back on the sugar, more for my teeth than calories although that's an added bonus.

I have no desire to quit it.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I can't even begin my day without my coffee. I do log it though - both cups of it. And if I do have an extra one - I log it too. I adjust my caloric intake and exercise to allow for it. It is just one of those things that I won't give up - it is my journey and i get to choose how I do it, so I don't apologize nor feel guilty. I just compensate for it. I do drink green tea crystal light drinks in the afternoons, but I always quit drinking coffee before noon as it will always keep me up if I drink it after noon. So, whether it is good or bad, is irrelevant to me - it is just one of two eating/drinking vices I have. The other one is drinking a michelob ultra amber in the evening. Again, I log it and then compensate for it. That's life.

Vickie
  • kristy12379
    Options
    I love my coffee! If I use creamer I use the sugar free french vanilla or hazelnut. They're not that bad and alot less calories than the originals!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Im in this lineup for sure! I used to dring coffee constantly, all day, right until evening. About 10 years ago I cut out the teaspoon of sugar as I counted my consumption for one week on a dinnerplate and was horrified at the pile, but still didn't give up the coffee. About 2 years ago I cut back and stopped drinking coffee by noon, tea, water, anything else but for the rest of the day. Now it is rare for me to have more than 3 cups, and all before about 10am. it was the only way to control the fat from milk or cream as I haven't been able to give that up.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I love my coffee! If I use creamer I use the sugar free french vanilla or hazelnut. They're not that bad and alot less calories than the originals!

Same here!
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    I used to only drink 2 cups a day, and now, I find myself needing an extra cup in the afternoon. However, I use milk, not creamer. I say work on one thing at a time. Try replacing the creamer with milk.
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    yes coffee,

I have mine with lots of splenda or equal--do not subscribe to it being a communist plot,

being obese is far more dangerous,

using unflavored almond milk, way less calories than even nonfat :tongue: milk, like nonfat in my fiber one but not my coffee

I was give this fab frother that heats and foams the almond milk,

first I pour the coffee, dark, espresso thick,

add sweetner too,

then I put in a couple teaspoons of double strength vanilla-Penzey's,

then froth the almond milk,with more sweetener ,

poor the foam over the coffee, it looks creamy, fools my eyes,

then a shake of powdered cocoa or cinnamon,

an enormous cup only has 25 calories, heaven
  • srcurran
    srcurran Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    That sounds good. I have only one cup per day (most days) so I haven't been logging it. I usually use a soy creamer and artificial sweetener.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I drank a cup of coffee once, and my heart wouldn't stop racing. :laugh: I'll never do it again. Coffee is a lot like coke. You're so much better off without it. I'll stick with my decaf green tea. :drinker:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I am a coffeeholic! I usually have 3 cups with low fat half and half in the morning. Occasionally I will have 2-3 cups of decaf in the evening. I do log all the creamer I use. There is no life without coffee!
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I drink Dunkin Donuts French Vanilla (made at home) with Equal and Sugar Free French Vanilla Coffeemate. I log 1 serving and I'm weaning myself down to not creamy light but a splash.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking my coffee black for many years, I find that I can appreciate it like a fine dark chocolate. Currently working on some Wintry Blend from Trader Joe's. It has cloves and peppercorns ground up in it. Next up is the Gingerbread!
  • tross0924
    tross0924 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Today I drank a little more than a pot of coffee. I must have used a cup and a half of creamer for all that and didn't log a drop. It's my one weakness :-p
  • shawnnshinta
    shawnnshinta Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    coffee with international delight creamer only has 45 calories, so I have no problem logging and tracking it accordingly.
    1, 2, or even 3 a day is managable.