Something we all need to hear. Please read this. Thank you!

Options
Hi everyone!

MFP and ALL OF YOU are helping me to be my very best!!! Thank you:flowerforyou:!!! We truly can change the world! We're all kind, loving, hard working, and amazing (and, we live all over the world)!!! Also, we want to be our very best, and we're willing to work hard to achieve it... I responded to a post from a friend on here, and the following is what I told her. As I read it back to myself, I realized that many of you deserve to hear this too.

Life can be very challenging, and we all need all the support we can get (especially when it comes to changing bad habits). So many of you have truly been there for me in so many ways. Thank you!!! Each one of you is amazing! You truly are some of the sweetest and most positive people I've been fortunate enough to know. You make the world a better place just by being you and being here on Earth... You have really kept me going on this site, and I hope to be here for you, as well. I think your very sweet, loving, and giving attitudes are so amazing! You are very beautiful people (inside and out). You truly love yourselves unconditionally (or you're working on it like me), and that's what makes you want to be your very best even more. That's what makes you work so hard to do better... And, that's okay... In fact, that's great! There's nothing wrong with working hard to achieve your goals... You want to feel good, look good, and live long... As you lose weight, you will be healthier and even more energetic. You will be able to be even more of a positive influence for everyone that knows you than you already are... You truly are amazing people, and I know your spirit is truly pure... So, please don't be too hard on yourself. It's okay to want to look and feel your best... So, keep loving yourself no matter what, and keep teaching the rest of us how to "kick butt" when it really counts! You are my inspiration in so many ways, and I hope you'll never change...

Heavy or thin, you are you, and you are beautiful!!! Please always remember that, and you can help the rest of us to remember that, as well... I'm so very hard on myself, and I always have been. I'm not sure why, but my negative self-talk is endless... It's quite sad and exhausting. I don't think I've ever truly loved myself, but you have helped me to begin to do so. That is a very beautiful and amazing thing. I was quite thin when I was young, but I never felt thin. I never got to enjoy or appreciate it. I pictured myself fat. And, now that I'm quite heavy, I picture myself thin. Is that funny, or what??? So, I'm learning to love and accept myself just the way I am (no matter what), and then I think I can and will lose weight for the right reasons--for my health (although looking and feeling better won't be so bad, either--lol)... So, let's be as kind and patient with ourselves as we would be with a dear friend; and, we can (and WILL) be the best we can be forever more... Thank you again everyone for all your kindness and support... I have needed it more than you'll ever know... As many of you probably know, I have been dealing with depression rfor many years now (since the loss of my baby and my husband). Life can be tough, but I am tougher (and so are you)!!! Please let me be here for you as you have been there for me. WE CAN (AND WE WILL) REACH OUR GOALS TOGETHER:bigsmile:!!! Starting right now (and forever more)...

Love ya all lots, Laura:heart:

Replies

• soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    GAG!

However, I admire your spirit.
  • Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    a very honest post...i have found this website to be a great help when losing weight.

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Girl, those words are absolutely beautiful and really moved me! In fact, they brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much for that! You're wonderful, Laura!

And you know what? You're well on your way to loving yourself! Girl, I can't imagine anyone NOT loving you! And that includes YOU!

*big hugs*
    ~Stacy
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Laura, You are truly a good person. You are beautiful inside and out. Thank you for always having a positive word. It has been great having you as a friend. You are strong, and remember when you are feeling weak, the bible says that God is strong for us. So with that said, there is nothing you can't do once you set your mind to it. Love you. Isabel
  • groovylaura
    Options
    soze: I have a question for you? Why would you write "GAG!" after what I wrote on my post?
  • ImCeltic
    ImCeltic Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That is the hard part for me, too. Acceptance of myself. Stopping the negative self-talk. Thank you for your inspiration. I don't want to be the victim anymore I want to be well in spirit. Now that I'm over 50 I am stopping the bad scripts and replacing them with positive ones. I am so good at nurturing others and now I need to nurture myself.