Running watches

Options
2»

Replies

• DanielleDavids
    DanielleDavids Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'm a Garmin fan for sure. I have the 305 which isn't made anymore but the newer Garmins are much sleeker and do everything you want. They're an investment but I've had mine for three years, I use it all the time and I've never had a single problem with it. I love them!

I also see lots of people wearing polar fitness watches and I've heard only good things, but I can't personally attest to those although I'd love to try them!
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Obviously all depends on budget.

I had a Garmin forerunner 305 which was fantastic up until I dropped it out of a window 30ft down onto concrete and it stopped the GPS working. Cheap as chips now if a little bulky.

I now have a Garmin FR620 as I am also a numbers and data man so all the running metrics stuff in the HR strap is great if a little bewildering! The FR220 is a fantastic option if you don't want to fork out nearly $400 for a watch though.

The 910xt as recommended is also good but if you want a pure running watch and don't need all the cycling and swimming ability then it is unnecessary.

DCrainmakers site as has been suggested is just about the most in-depth place to go for a decent transparent view on all things sports(well swim/bike/run anyway) technology.
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Maybe I'm just cheap but I tend to stick to the free Map My Run app... I'm always running with my phone anyway.... plus I put the waterproof case on it so no worries if it rains or whatever.... may have to check out some of these awesome sounding watches though!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Another happy Garmin user here (FR610). Check out the reviews by DCRainMaker that SwindonJogger linked to.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar (with the foot pod). Love it. Garmins are nice too
  • nicklippa
    nicklippa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I have the 410 with the ANT stick and I just noticed that you can sync it directly with Runkeeper. You go to run keeper on your desktop, click on "LOG" then click on "RUNNING" then UPLOAD then "IMPORT FROM GARMIN DEVICE" and it looks for your GPS watch. You totally bypass the Garmin Connected.