Sweet tooth after a meal

Options
I am one of those that needs something sweet after lunch or dinner. what is the best way to curb the sweet tooth? :smile:

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Have one cookie, one piece of chocolate or some fruit?
  • KateK8LoseW8
    KateK8LoseW8 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Eat something sweet.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Plan for it and work it into your calorie goal.
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum? There is a raspberry cupcake flavor out there that is pretty good!
  • oes82330
    oes82330 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I try a piece of Lindt dark chocolate (72% cocoa) or a piece of fruit. The chocolate actually helps meet my chocoalte cravings, but it isn't so fantastic that I'll eat the whole bar :)
  • jcarey96
    Options
    I don't think I could last a day not giving in to my sweet tooth.
    I just have a lot less of it now.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Chewing gum? There is a raspberry cupcake flavor out there that is pretty good!

Holy Crap! How did I not know about this?
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Raw strawberries, fruit snacks, Skinny Cow chocolates (they've got a lot of different options individually wrapped) ... NOTHING that comes in a big package like cookies. I have self-control issues. One Oreo is good, three is better... lol
  • got2befitnow
    got2befitnow Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have to fight off the sweet cravings after a meal as well. I try to chew gum (either a fruity gum or minty). If I'm home, I'll sometimes rinse my mouth with mouthwash. I find if my mouth tastes minty clean, I don't have the cravings any longer.

Just coming off Christmas is the hardest time for me for craving sweet foods. I find that once you get through the first couple of weeks, the habit of nibbling on something sweet after a meal starts to go away.
  • Aeramis13
    Aeramis13 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Walmart makes a bag of 12 ice cream cups (6 vanilla, 6 chocolate) that are 100 calories each simply because they are a nice portion size. Most days, I plan ahead for those 100 delicious calories at the end of my day so my sweet tooth is satisfied.
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have gotten into meringue cookies. They have NO fat or flour in them and you can add lots of stuff to change up the flavors. Today I made spiced meringues with pecans and raisins and only 71 calories and a nice hit of potassium. I also like chocolate chips with peanuts (tastes like snickers) but you do get some fat from the chips that way and craisins with chocolate chips (tastes like chocolate covered cherries)
  • momshorses
    momshorses Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Begal spice tea sometimes helps.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Walmart makes a bag of 12 ice cream cups (6 vanilla, 6 chocolate) that are 100 calories each simply because they are a nice portion size. Most days, I plan ahead for those 100 delicious calories at the end of my day so my sweet tooth is satisfied.

Yeah there are a bunch of 100 calories ice cream snacks - frozen Greek yogurt by healthy choice, some frozen yoplait Greek yogurt with honey (love those), skinny cow bars, Good Humor has 100 calorie ice cream bars too...
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    Truwhip!! It's low calorie and only 2 grams of sugar per serving. Have a serving, or two, then call it a day!

In case you aren't familiar, here's the link. http://www.truwhip.com/ It's a healthy substitute for whipped cream.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Truwhip!! It's low calorie and only 2 grams of sugar per serving. Have a serving, or two, then call it a day!

In case you aren't familiar, here's the link. http://www.truwhip.com/ It's a healthy substitute for whipped cream.

How do you not eat the whole jar? Honestly I haven't seen it anywhere yet, although to be fair I haven't really looked.
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    Sweet Tea, David's Tea has some delicious loose leaf tea you steep yourself that tastes like chocolate or candy, sweetness without the consequences
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've gotten used to having fruit after lunch which seems to help. I know it's kind of hokey but sweet is sweet - you just gotta give your tastes time to adjust. Kind of like how I hated greek yogurt the first time I tried it but love it now.
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I really like Yoplait's frozen Greek yogurt (bars or tubs). A bar or a half-cup of the stuff is only 90 calories and it's crazy good.
  • gieshagirl
    gieshagirl Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    sugar free jello, jello temptations-lemon merangue is fantastic. the jello is 10 calories for 1/2 cup and the temptation is 80 and tastes like a lemon pie. sugar free gum is 5 calories a slice. fruit is usually 50-100 calories a serving depending on which it is. a hershey kiss is 25 calories. i hope this helps (Im a sugar holic)