Idea for visual weight loss aid

Options
My friend had a great idea that I'm trying out, and thought I post in case it interests others.

Have a glass container with pretty glass beads/polished rocks/buttons/whatever. Say you want to lose 35 lbs. You put in 35 items. Each time you lose a pound you get to take an item out of the container. That way you can watch the container empty as you lose weight. Of course, if you gain a pound you have to put an item back in... :-(

If you want, you can put it in another glass container nearby - so you can see a visual of just how many lbs you've lost as that container fills up.

Since humans are very visual creatures, I thought this was a great idea.

I think I'll keep doing it once I'm at my goal weight to help me keep track of maintenance... Gonna want to keep that jar empty once I get it empty.

Sorry if it's already been posted...

Replies

• jackie_moo
    jackie_moo Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting - i think it's a nice idea :) i use a tape measure - i actually mark my measurements in pen, and write on it the date and body part so i can physically see how many centimetres i'm losing :) it helps keep me motivated without relying on the scale which can often demotivate me!
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    hey, that's a cool idea! thanks for sharing! :)
  • crzyjess84
    crzyjess84 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I actually do this. 1 started out with 115 stones in my "lose it jar". There are 24 stones now in my "lost" jar and I can't wait to add more!

My daughter who is almost four loves it too.
    Each week she helps mommy count how much she has lost and add it to the "lost" jar!

It's great to see one jar get smaller and the other get bigger~~
  • JenJBS
    JenJBS Posts: 83
    Options
    Glad you guys like the idea. :-)

crzyjess84, from your profile pic, your daughter is adorable! How fun for her to help Mommy!
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    i actually have this too.. i need to get more stones for it though.. i thought my beads were enough but not enough in the pack.. 205 pounds gone 30 to go
  • JenJBS
    JenJBS Posts: 83
    Options
    205 pounds gone 30 to go

WOW!!! Impressive!!! Well done!!!