Sweat in the Winter..

Options
I usual sweat a lot when i work out, but lately i haven't sweated as much, is this a winter thing?

Replies

• Kalee34
    Kalee34 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I think it must be, because it is the same for me. Normally I sweat buckets! But with it being so cold right now, I am sweating very little.
  • Quieau
    Quieau Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we don't hydrate ourselves as much in winter too. If you're not sweating, you could be dehydrated! If you are doing a workout that usually makes you sweat, and you aren't ... try upping your water! You STILL need 8-12 glasses a day even in winter!

(Glasses of water can include things like tea, lemonade, juice, as long as you count the calories too!)
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    you might be getting fitter!! :)
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I agree with Stella. I noticed I wasn't drinking as much water as i usually would and switched to tea. now its back to normal.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about winter, I tend to steam in the cold :-) make my own little cloud lol It could be your fitness improving though
  • mlauraa
    mlauraa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sometimes we don't hydrate ourselves as much in winter too. If you're not sweating, you could be dehydrated! If you are doing a workout that usually makes you sweat, and you aren't ... try upping your water! You STILL need 8-12 glasses a day even in winter!

(Glasses of water can include things like tea, lemonade, juice, as long as you count the calories too!)

I drink 3.5 liters of water everyday!!
  • mlauraa
    mlauraa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I think it must be, because it is the same for me. Normally I sweat buckets! But with it being so cold right now, I am sweating very little.

glad to hear i'm not the only one :tongue:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    <
    my profile pic was taken during a race when the temperature was around -25°C, as you can see from the icicles hanging off my toque and the damp patches on my chest I still perspire freely in the cold.

Keep in mind, however, that depending on your sweat rate, the ambient temperature and relative humidity it may be a case of the perspiration evaporating more quickly giving you the perception that you're sweating less.