Your skin is looking fantastic

Options
I'm less than a week into tracking my food and exercise here on MFP and I haven't weighed in yet, but I have had my first tiny victories.
At work a customer I see every month or so (a lovely British woman that I always down too much time talking about tv with) was in and after catchin up on how her trip out of the country was, and the Christmas special of doctor who she stopped and looked at me and told me how well I was looking. She told me that my skin was looking clear and I just looked great over all. I'm sure only a little of that is any real change due to my efforts to get healthy, but it felt nice and was a good bit of motivation.

This morning I had to run to the store, about a block away from my apartment because I had forgotten to pick up milk. I fragged the first clean pair of pants I could find, which have been uncomfortable to button for ages. I usually just throw them on to check the mail and then squeeze myself out in a matter of minutes, but today I not only got them buttoned without a fight but was reasonably comfortable in them in my walk all the way to and from the store.

They may not be much, but those two things should hold me over for a while. Did anyone else hang onto things like this when they were first getting started?

Replies

• arigateau
    Options
    It's great that you've made enough of a difference to see a change in your complexion! I find that it's little things like that which really give you a confidence boost, especially if the complimenter doesn't know that you've made a conscious decision to change something. Use these experiences as proof that you can make a change and that you already have made a change :)
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options

They may no be much, but those two things should hold me over for a while. Did anyone else hang onto things like this when they were first getting started?

Amen for small victories....and I still hang onto things like that.