Please talk me off the ledge.....

Options
Ok, so my husband is away at a Flyers hockey game and the kids are in bed. A bag of nachos and some cheese in the fridge is screaming my name right now. I am very very tempted to give in. Please talk me down! All I want to do tonite is watch football and NOT eat.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• NicCa90
    NicCa90 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oh geez! you know how long you would have to run in order to work that off?? it is so not worth it!! that crap doesnt taste good enough to be worth it at all!
  • healthyrebecca
    Options
    step away from the fridge! the kitchen is closed. shouldn't you be giving yourself a pedicure?:wink:
  • WhiskeyBravo
    Options
    quick put on a two piece or ur favorite jeans that are a size to small
  • suzukigrl
    Options
    I'M LATE BUT I CAN TELL YOU I OVERATE TODAY AND IT'S NOT WORTH IT. :( BE GOOD TO YOURSELF.
  • blueelephant1212
    blueelephant1212 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    you don't need to eat, you need to read a good book, jog in place, start a craft or something else. YOU CAN WALK AWAY from that bag! :P good luck! know you can do it!
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    toss the bag of chips in the garbage - outside. don't open it as you transport it to it's rightful burial place. Let it go.
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    drink two large glasses of water, grab fruit or steam some veggies

the flyers are kicking butt by the way ;)
  • NicCa90
    NicCa90 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    no no do open it!! open it and dump them that way you cant walk past the trash later and remove the bag..:D
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Don't even open it. Put it away and eat something filling instead. Those will make you feel yucky anyway. And afterward you will just be kicking yourself and feeling bloated! Totally not worth it!

DO something! Exercise, watch a movie, read a book. I knit. That keeps my hands busy and it's hard to eat while you knit! Hot tea and some tart low calorie food might take you away from the comfort junk food that will make you sorry you "went there".

Regret is easier to avoid than to live with!
  • chichi1967
    Options
    Been there..DONT THAT.....Your husband is gone & your kids are in bed...Go do something else just for you....Go take a hot bubble bath or something else for you....Get out of the kitchen & standing there looking at the cabinet or refridgerator.....I've done that many many times.
    If you do it - you will feel aweful later & be so down on yourselve.

Hope this helps
    Lynda
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Ever read a book in a hot bubble bath with some wine? That's way better!
  • doublexhelix
    doublexhelix Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    go brush your teeth! itll keep you from eating, or at least me, haha
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    A hot shower, a nice hot beverage. Tell yourself over and over again that it's not worth the hit to your lifestyle. I don't like those things anyway but good luck staying away!
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I like the hot bath and book with wine idea...that sounds amazing! who needs nachos to make you feel like crap and guilty anyway? not worth it!!
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    If you go in that kitchen..reach for that Big glass of water!!! Do that and we"ll be alright
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Have some popcorn instead! Sprinkle something from the spice rack on top to make it yummier than usual. Or, if you have a little parmesean cheese, sprinkle it on top. It's strong, but tastey for much fewer calories!

Shannon
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    toss the bag of chips in the garbage - outside. don't open it as you transport it to it's rightful burial place. Let it go.

I just walked outside and dumped the entire bag in the trash can that's just for cat litter and poopy baby diapers! Thanks so much for this advice!!!!!!!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    And as soon as I dumped them I felt.....well...I felt relieved! I know I would totally regret it later if I ate that crap so I'm so glad I was able to resist!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Ever read a book in a hot bubble bath with some wine? That's way better!

You're a genius! I'm going to upstairs to a nice hot bath in a few minutes! Thanks!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    YAY you did it! Good JOB!!!!!