Fitbit deducted Calories

Options
I woke up this morning and my fitbit flex had deducted 50 calories from my daily goal. Any ideas why?

Replies

• Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Yes because fit bit works out much you are doing over a 24 hour period and just takes your calorie intake and divide it by 24. However as you can imagine you dont burn that many calories while asleep and so it gives you a minus when you wake up.

Basically you dont burn 50% of you daily calories between 12.01 am and 12pm if you are in bed till 8 am.

Mine is usually around 180 calories if I get up around nine but catches up during the day.
  • DevWall44
    DevWall44 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for replying! I just synced again and it's gone down to 14 so that makes sense. Thanks again :flowerforyou:
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    i like to have a race with it. Normally I wake up with around 30% of my daily calories gone and I have to try and make it up to 50% by 12pm. Not so hard now I run in the morning.
  • DevWall44
    DevWall44 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I like challenging myself so I think that's a great idea. I've been psyching myself up to wake up earlier and do the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.