A GUY WITH WIDE, WIDE HIPS.....

Hello,

I recenty heard a trainer tell a guy, who said "I have really wide hips, what can I do" and the trainer said "stop doing squats and dead lifts". I have a big butt and wide hips (42"). Is that true what the trainer said and if so, what exercises can I do in place of that cause I have been a lot of dead lifts and a lot of squats.

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    elliptical is really your only option.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    no, do not listen to that!
  • shinestar4
    shinestar4 Posts: 3 Member
    What should I do. I work out 2 times a day, almost 3 hours and I change my routine every 6 weeks. I'm seriously not losing much in my hips, my butt or my legs. Its getting really frustrating. I have been doing this for a year and my daily diet has been consistent between 1200 and 1500 a day for the past year.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    I can tell from your questions that you're still very new to fitness and exercise. I recommend you take the time to read a book about lifting and weight loss. It'll help you avoid stuff like this. New Rules of Lifting would be my recommendation. Great book about the basics.

To answer your question, your shape is your shape, genetic. Where and when you loose fat is purely genetic, and the shape of your muscles is not negotiable lol just the size, and that take a very long time to affect. Gaining muscle requires a lot of patience and overeating; getting rid of muscle means not using it and letting it atrophy... which is stupid.

If it's fat, just keep dieting and it'll come off eventually. If it's just the way you're structured, embrase it... you're a woman. Nothing wrong with that ;)

Also that trainer is a ****ing moron.