Starting HCG diet today

Options
2»

Replies

• Keep_The_Laughter
    Keep_The_Laughter Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You are here on MFP. Why not give macro management and caloric deficit and serious go? We all know that 500 calories a day is asking for serious nutritional deficiency. Why go there when you can eat what you like in moderation and not compromise your overall health?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I know I know I know.. some people don't like HCG. I lost 100 lbs in 2009.. from those 100 I have gained about 23 back. Yes, I ate whatever I wanted that's why I have gained, but throughout HCG I did learn how to eat better, be healthy, exercise, etc.

Today I'm starting one more round of HCG. My goal is to lose 25 lbs, although honestly I'd be happy with 20 and I can go back to working out and eating healthy to lose the rest.

I was just wondering if anyone will be starting HCG and we could compare stories or encourage each other! :)

So you lost 100 pounds, gained 23 back... and decided that this is such a good plan you want to do it again?

Maybe try something sustainable this time.
  • TLC7613
    TLC7613 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    500 calories a day is NOT the way to go. You might lose the weight fast, but it won't last.
    My doctor suggested I try to South Beach Diet because it's safe and healthy
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Yes, I ate whatever I wanted that's why I have gained, but throughout HCG I did learn how to eat better, be healthy, exercise, etc.

If you learned how to eat better, be healthy, and exercise... why don't you just do that?
    A moderate calorie deficit works like a charm.
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    Hi there just read your blog you are doing great well done. I have now been eating just below 1200 calories for 4 weeks and never lost a !lb, i have tried WW and slimming world do you think this could work for me i seem to be stuck my weight just wont move, any advice would be appreciated:smile: ?
    Michelle

Read this...do you really think that 500 calories a day for 8 weeks is healthy? How do you plan on keeping off any weight that you do lose?

http://www.webmd.com/diet/hcg-and-weight-loss
  • michellemceachran
    michellemceachran Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there yes I log everything i eat and do using the food finder...i dony get a lot of excercise so only log 20 min slow walk when i can about 3 times a day.. im getting very frustrarted dont know what to do.. thank you for replying to me..:)
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Hi there just read your blog you are doing great well done. I have now been eating just below 1200 calories for 4 weeks and never lost a !lb, i have tried WW and slimming world do you think this could work for me i seem to be stuck my weight just wont move, any advice would be appreciated:smile: ?
    Michelle

hCG is the hormone produced during pregnancy. If it had any effect on the body as far as causing weight loss, how would women be able to gain weight during pregnancy when our bodies are filled with it? Why would we have to limit our calorie intake so as to not gain too much weight during pregnancy, if it really did what people are claiming it does?

You're probably eating more than you think. Stick with logging your food, keeping a deficit, and exercising if you really want to reach your goals.
  • michellemceachran
    Options
    HI there thank you for that I will read it...:)
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Michelle

Michelle - you haven't lost because you need to eat more food. EAT MORE FOOD.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    but throughout HCG I did learn how to eat better, be healthy, exercise, etc.

Apparently not because you gained 25lbs because you ate what you wanted.

THIS!!! Seriously. Go back to eating better, being healthy and exercise. Make a calorie deficit and see what happens. Because you can go back to HCG and guess what, when you stop you're going to gain weight back AGAIN.
  • michellemceachran
    Options
    Hi there I fill my food & excercise in faithfully throughout the day I eat around 1000 to 1100 calories a day// feeling full :)
This discussion has been closed.