Fitbit Force v. Fitbit One

Options
I am looking to buy an activity tracker. I've read that wearables can be inaccurate, but pocket devices can be lost or are bothersome to deal with.

I would love to know which is better, especially from those who have had both.
Ladies, do you find the wearables to be a bother or a "fashion don't"? I don't want to end up in a situation where I don't want to wear it because it looks awful.

By the same token, what do women do with the One when you don't have a pocket? Some say clip in on your bra or your waistband, but I want to make sure that's not uncomfortable or bulky.

Seems like they both have pros and cons. I'm trying to figure out which one has fewer cons, especially for women!

Thanks!
~Chiara

Replies

• kcangela
    kcangela Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just bought Fitbit Zip and so far so good. Clips on belt loops, pocket or inside bra (my choice - not visable, uncomfortable or unsafe). Seems a good choice as very small too and jazzy colours. Good luck with whatever you go with. Enjoy!
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I bought the Flex in August and thought about whether I should wait and ask for one for Christmas. I should have waited. I really want the Force. The flex is like the Force but doesn't have the external display and doesn't track flights of stairs. I wear my Flex daily, have worn it to weddings and everything. If anybody says anything about it all they say is "Oh, you have a fitbit!" indicating they know what it is. Nobody has ever asked me what it was. Because of the amoled display, you can also use the Force in place of a watch, I love that feature.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I have the One - I clip it on the bra between the cups and can't feel it at all. The only time it is visible is if I wear a Sports Bra because there's not the individual cups, but I still can't feel it or anything and when I'm working out I don't care so much that people can tell I have on a device. I've also heard of people clipping it to their underpants waistband.

I think the Flex is kinda ugly - I wouldn't want to wear it every day. Also I question it's accuracy - seems like if you just moved your arms you'd get steps counted??
  • SJCon
    SJCon Posts: 224
    Options
    If you can live with a wrist model and want various colors get a "Vivofit" by Garmin which is releasing in the next 5-8 weeks.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I didn't like the Flex, which is smaller than the Force, because it was big and ugly. I've used clip-on Fitbits for years and haven't lost one yet. I clip them to my bra, generally. It's not bulky, I don't know it's there.
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have the flex and it is pretty accurate. I can sync it to my iPad and actually see it count the steps to check its accuracy. I bought it in slate which is more eye appealing than black, but you can get additional straps in other colors, which I am ordering. There is a breast cancer pink, teal, tangerine, navy, slate and black bands available.
  • janzia
    janzia Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have the One - I clip it on the bra between the cups and can't feel it at all. The only time it is visible is if I wear a Sports Bra because there's not the individual cups, but I still can't feel it or anything and when I'm working out I don't care so much that people can tell I have on a device.

This.
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I have the One - I clip it on the bra between the cups and can't feel it at all. The only time it is visible is if I wear a Sports Bra because there's not the individual cups, but I still can't feel it or anything and when I'm working out I don't care so much that people can tell I have on a device.

This.

Same for me. Biggest beef with it, is that the plastic is starting to chip off and I can see the copper underneath. Just hope it doesn't corrode much and/or shock me.
  • chiara888
    chiara888 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have the One - I clip it on the bra between the cups and can't feel it at all. The only time it is visible is if I wear a Sports Bra because there's not the individual cups, but I still can't feel it or anything and when I'm working out I don't care so much that people can tell I have on a device. I've also heard of people clipping it to their underpants waistband.

This is exactly what I was wondering about.
    And, for the record, I've already ruled out the Flex, since the Force adds the same functionality of the One. I just wasn't sure if women preferred the wearable or the pocket version.

Thanks!
  • Aquabird
    Aquabird Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the One, and clip it between the cups or sometimes to the strap or my sports bra (if I want easy access to the screen). It's only noticeable if I wear a tight shirt, but I have never had anyone else notice and ask me about it. I love my One, but I would probably upgrade to the Force when this one dies. I would love to be able to check it all the time without flashing bra strap :)
  • chiara888
    Options
    HAHAHA....good point, thanks!
  • thehealthy86
    thehealthy86 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had the FitBit Ultra and then upgraded to the FitBit One. I wear it allll the time. It only proves bothersome if I'm wearing a sports bra but I'm not the only one with a fitness device so it's not a huge deal. I love that I can sync while I'm on the go and that MFP will adjust my calories accordingly. Way better than waiting to get home to sync.
  • entropicbeauty
    entropicbeauty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit one and I loved my Ultra before it.

I clip it to the cup of my bra (near the lower middle) and there have only been one or two outfits where the outline of it slightly showed. I find it to be incredibly accurate on my core (versus hanging out in my pocket). I've compared it to my HRM and for most activities that involve a walking motion it's accurate where I keep it clipped.

The only downfall of where I keep it is I can't see my progress throughout the day. At this point I mostly know about where I'm at activity-wise on any given day, but it would be nice to just take a quick glance.
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I have the force and love love it!!! I debated between the one and the force because they do pretty much the same thing but I need something I know I won't accidentally toss in the wash or lose which is what has happened with other pedometers I have owned. I love the watch function and it has seriously encouraged me to move so much more. The only thing negative I have noticed is that the band is sometimes hard to clasp but with wear it gets easier!!
  • msmit002
    msmit002 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a Force and have been using it for a week. So far, I am pretty happy with it. I chose the Force over the flex because of the screen and the watch display. Hence, it replaced my watch. One co-worker noticed it and just thought it was a high-tech watch. It's even smaller than my old watch.

Anyway, it does have ways to make adjustments to try and limit inaccurate counting, such as declaring whether or not you wear it on your dominant hand. But, it does work like the flex in that it does pick up the arm swings. This works both ways. If you tend to walk with your arms at your sides, then you will have less steps counted. Conversely, if you are Italian and you talk with your hands, you may have more. lol! In other words, it has made me more mindful about making sure I use my arms when i walk and try not to swing wildly when I'm not.

I find the mechanism for tracking flights of stairs climbed to be pretty accurate and a real plus. I find that the steps counted can be a little off, but (by my estimation) no more than few percent of your total steps per day. Not enough for me to declare the gadget a bad choice. For example, I tend to rack up 22-28 extra steps per day commuting to work in my car just because I use my hands to turn the steering wheel. But, that small amount is inconsequential when I'm logging 10,000+ steps a day.

Remember, these gadgets are *not* supposed to be dead-on accurate. They are meant to get you moving more, and give you some sort of tangible goal to shoot for. So in the end, the Flex, the Force, the Ultra the One... whichever one you think will work best for how you envision using it, will probably work great as long as you see it for what it is: a tool and nothing more.

With that said, I am quite happy with my Force. the only thing I would change would be to make it waterproof like the Flex so I would never have to take it off when showering and swimming.
  • M00NPYE
    M00NPYE Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I cant help you with comparing the force with anything else, but I just got the Force for Christmas and I love it! it seems more accurate than I thought it would be, and it syncs with MFP and my phone so it automatically logs my exercise, and I like it monitoring my sleep and the silent alarm! I wear it everyday and I dress up (jewelry, heels etc.) everyday for work. I don't think it looks odd on... and it's not uncomfortable. No one has asked me questions about it. I have the black one, I think it's sleek. the clasp (putting it on) takes a little getting used to though.
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    I love my FitBit one and I loved my Ultra before it.

I clip it to the cup of my bra (near the lower middle) and there have only been one or two outfits where the outline of it slightly showed. I find it to be incredibly accurate on my core (versus hanging out in my pocket). I've compared it to my HRM and for most activities that involve a walking motion it's accurate where I keep it clipped.

The only downfall of where I keep it is I can't see my progress throughout the day. At this point I mostly know about where I'm at activity-wise on any given day, but it would be nice to just take a quick glance.

I wear the One on my bra, center, facing in, and it's not visible.

The reason I tried the Flex is I wanted that easy access to check my steps but it didn't work out. But my One synchs to phones, so I figure next phone upgrade I'll just get one that the Fitbit synchs to, then checking my steps (when away from my PC) can be done on the phone.
  • chiara888
    Options
    Thanks, Everyone! This is really helpful!
  • badwolf4
    badwolf4 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've had the Fitbit One since Christmas now and am totally in love with it. Functionality is great, but that's not what you're looking for, right? Anyways, I initially started wearing it on the left side of my bra, on the cup, but way down near the middle. I never noticed it, but it was a bummer since I couldn't see the screen and it doesn't sync with my phone yet. Then, since I wear jeans every single day, I finally made use of that teeny tiny pocket in the pocket. Does that make any sense, haha? it's usually in the right hand pocket for me. It's really great there, I absolutely adore it and it solved its one and only flaw: all I have to do is twist the pocket gently and glance down to see my stats. Even if I had it syncing to my phones I'd probably still do it that way! This device has been a blessnig to me. I only charge it once a week Sunday afternoons for 2 hours and then it lasts the next days. It's also a great alarm!