Totally in for bulky womenz!
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I am interested!
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have been strength training since I was about 14 (for swimming) and always do it at the gym when I go. My problem is the nutrition end. I'm tired of looking like a tank: 5'11" almost 200lbs. Ugh. The cardio just ain't doing enough and the weights are just...well...adding weight. If I remove the layer of insulation, I believe I will find a serious badass underneath.
  • enchromaticc
    enchromaticc Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've only started my weight-loss journey, and I have no experience with lifting, but it seems great! I honestly am looking forward to starting it, and I hope we all get great information from this group! :)
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    About one week in to NROLFW and loving it! I'm so in.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I have done some lifting but no expert at all and would love to belong to a support group of women looking to start lifting.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I just recently started a heavy dumbbell lifting program at home. But most of 2012 was spent in a gym with barbell training, stronglifts. I don't know if I fit the profile. :tongue:
  • fittlefattle
    Options
    Hi, welcome. I'm a lady who lifts. For what it's worth, I learned A TON from the Eat, Train, Progress group. I read every single sticky they put up, they are all filled with very informative posts. Whether you start a new group or not, everyone would benefit from ETP those people know their stuff. Good luck, have fun. :drinker:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options

i know i don't have a uterus or anything, but i'm curious as to how this works. not to put too fine a point on it, but if you start a group for newbie lifters that's full of newbie lifters, who is going to give the good advice? how do you ask questions of a bunch of people that only have questions but no answers?

while i think the group is a good idea in theory, i think there are several lifting groups, including female centric groups, where you can get answers from a more experienced base. the "new rules of lifting for women" group is one such example.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w

almost 7000 members strong, very active, and tons of threads full of answers to the questions that you have.

This group is also very helpful http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women
  • rexroars
    rexroars Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely love to join a group like this!!!

I don't even know where to start with lifting. I want to do something that is effective and actually makes me build a bit of muscle, but I feel so lost.
  • GMotY
    GMotY Posts: 3
    Options
    Good for you! If you're looking for lifting ideas, the best website I've found is bodybuilding.com. Here's a link that will allow you to choose what muscle group you'd like to work on for the day: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbmaintrain.htm (just scroll down and click on a muscle group). This website also offers some guides that you can modify for training.

For instance, I'm a guy who started using one of their programs back in October or so. My squat has gone up about 100 pounds since I started that program.
  • missyont
    Options
    yes! I also just started lifting