calorie counter in recipes

Options
I just entered a recipe on this site and thought that the calories were a little low. I then put the exact same recipe into another site and it came back with considerably different results. Has anyone else noticed this?

Replies

• Memorableheart
    Memorableheart Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have. I just sometimes put in the ingredients separate. That way I can see if I am under or over calories count
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Where did you find on my fitness pal for putting in recipes? I've been looking for it and can't find it! Thanks!
  • reaganblundell
    reaganblundell Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Food -> Recipes -> Enter New Recipe.
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I've been making home made chicken noodle soup and wanted to figure out how many calories were in a cup. This is going to be great!
  • clsindc
    clsindc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Did you use user-entered values? Those can be very inaccurate.
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    The recipe I entered had 1 cup rinsed dried chickpeas, 1 small onion, several spices & 2 tablespoons lemon juice ( a baked
    Falafel recipe, uses no oil). Not really an area where user entered data could differ much. On here it said each patty was 16 calories on the other site it said 44 calories...considerable difference.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    The nutrition information on some of the ingredients are probably false on one of the sites. You're going to have to do a google search or check your labels to see which one is accurate.