Options
2»

Replies

• j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Eat a deficit to lose weight.
    Strength train to minimize muscle loss.
    Get enough protein to help retain your muscle.

Combining all of this will help you lose weight while minimizing muscle loss, thus resulting in a lower bodyfat percentage which is what you need to lose belly fat.
  • Amandabelanger614
    Amandabelanger614 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have the same type of shape you are talking about. I have had people tell me my mid section looks smaller when i did these two things...

1 - ate well / counted calories
    2 - PLANK workouts! Do low, high, side and modified planks!!
  • natschic02
    natschic02 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you are talking about. The only way I was ever able to lose the belly hand was continuing to lose weight. I got down to 150 before I noticed that my tummy had shrank up and even that was hard to do. I was there was a miracle way to do, but unfortunately not.
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Work on gaining muscle and losing fat (including making sure you're eating enough to do that) through diet and exercise. Targetting your abs with a bunch of crunches will give you good ab muscles still buried under a layer of fat. :/

Sadly we can't choose where we lose the fat from. My body like to lose it on my top half first but my thighs won't budge.. the top half looks normal (minus pregnancy pouch that refuses to die completely) and the bottom is KA BLAM. :/

Gotta stick with it and be patient as annoying as it is.
  • happyrelation
    Options
    Young adults are already in a category that lose weight a lot faster than say someone who is 45.
    I am 40 and found P90X and Insanity worked well..very well. Bill Phillips Body for Life worked very well years ago.
    And I wanted something that was easier on my body, didn't take as much time, and I didn't have to think about what my next meal was going to be.
    I researched and found two that my full criteria. I know there are more out there...
    First I found one that is great for men and women at http://buildthemuscle.net.
    And the one I decided to do because it has a great support system of women doing the program and finished the program, just for women, and simply laid out and guaranteed and I found it at http://inshapenow.net.
    I'm losing on average 1 1/2 pounds a week.
    I think one of the keys to success is setting yourself up for success. Find a plan that is realistic to your lifestyle so you aren't cheating or angry at yourself for missing a workout or a meal.

To your lifestyle change!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!