Struggling

Options
I have always struggled with my weight as long as I can remember. Am now 45 and 270 pounds. Highest ever was 310 and was down around 240 a year or so ago. However, to get to 240, I had to eat no more than 1100 calories. Knowing that was not enough I set off on trying to figure out what I should be eating. Had metabolic testing done and it showed I should be able to eat 2700 calories and lay on the couch and not gain any weight....yeah right. Decided to try weight watchers and could not believe how many points I had....result, gained 10 pounds.

My doctor just tells me my body holds on to all it eats. All medical tests are negative, glucose and thyroid normal. I am not in terrible shape....can jog a mile, don't get out of breath going up stairs. All of my weight is around my abdomen, I have very muscular legs (probably from lugging this weight around) and decent arm muscle.

I eat fast food MAYBE twice a month, generally cook at home. Eat the right meats most of the time, chicken, pork and fish. Some red meat, maybe twice a week. I am very good at calorie counting and portion control. Could probably use more veggies. Ask anyone at work and they will tell you I am the healthy eater while they all go and eat burgers/fries 5 times a week.

I am going back to 1500 calories and see how that does....hopefully I can find a happy medium somewhere......

Replies

• MarKayDee
    MarKayDee Posts: 196
    Options
    :(

Good luck. There's nothing more frustrating than doin things right and still not seein results.
    How much do you exercise in an average week? Maybe try upping your work outs a bit and see if that doesn't help.
  • anthony438
    anthony438 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. Just stick at it, you'll get there!!! :smile:
  • jlbabb
    jlbabb Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You sound just like me.....I have found that I have to stay with a diet for at least a month for any result.....I have just retired but prior to retirement I was traveling 3 weeks a month....to difficult to diet while on the road. Now I will be able to maintain some consistant habit, which for me is the only way to lose weight.

Good luck to you and remember.....it take patience.