never really getting anywhere....

Options
Hi everyone,

was thinking about this this morning I have been using MFP for a couple of years off and on. I'm 164cm 5"4 and currently 69.1 (152)
I started out at 70kg and have managed to get down to 65 once but I seem to be playing with the same kg all the time I'm 68 then 67, 69.1 68.3 then .... but when I'm not using MFP I don't seem to be doing any differently I weighed myself after Christmas this is after a couple of weeks of fruit mince pies a few boxes it may add and I weighed 69kg so I can be eating 1200 calories and not really get past 65 kg or I can be eating like I just don't care and it not really much different. it's the same high 60s no matter what.

I don't currently do any exercise, I do garden and run after children. most of my weight is around my middle. I'm trying to get back to 58 kg.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• lyoill
    lyoill Posts: 59
    Options
    I have opened my diary but haven't logged for the last couple of days as I have been away with the internet and it was difficult with friends but I ate as well as I could :)
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    You're eating more than you think, and could probably stand to exercise more.

Rigger
  • hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    You don't do any exercise. You assume no matter what you eat, your weight will stay the same.

These are two things you need to stop doing.

You need to exercise. You also need to learn how your body works. You simply cannot eat whatever you want and stay the same. That is unless you are eating at maintenance every day.

If you cut calories you will lose weight unless you have some sort of medical condition that inhibits weight loss.

Adopt an exercise routine and count calories. If you eat X amount of calories per day for a week and don't lose any weight, drop those calories a bit and see where you are after a week.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    1) I thought this thread was going to be about treadmills (not getting anywhere)

2) I feel as if your avatar is about to accuse someone of being the kwisatz haderach.

3) It's probably a consistency issue with weighing/measuring and logging.
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    I agree with the above posts.However, your protein levels (eaten and daily goals) are very low.
    Take a look at this recent discussion:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1167386-review-of-dietary-protein-during-caloric-restriction

Bottom line is you should be getting 1.1-1.4 gm protein per pound of lbm.
  • lyoill
    Options
    You don't do any exercise. You assume no matter what you eat, your weight will stay the same.

These are two things you need to stop doing.

You need to exercise. You also need to learn how your body works. You simply cannot eat whatever you want and stay the same. That is unless you are eating at maintenance every day.

that's what I'm saying it seem no matter what I eat I stay the same I'm not assuming it I'm baffled by it! I see moving up and down the same 2 kilos is pretty much staying the same.

I agree with the exercise, you will not catch me at a gym though as I will never be able to keep it up they are all 30km away and I don't see sense in driving all the way to one to exercise. I'm getting my bike out today and I'm planning starting the couch to 5 k this coming week.
  • hwoeltjen
    hwoeltjen Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Do you actually measure your food? Again, what your saying defies the laws of thermodynamics. So unless you are a mutant, you cannot stay the same weight while varying your caloric intake.

You need to realize that you are just not accurately measuring your intake. It's important that you come to this realization.
  • gigglesinthesun
    gigglesinthesun Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

was thinking about this this morning I have been using MFP for a couple of years off and on. I'm 164cm 5"4 and currently 69.1 (152)
    I started out at 70kg and have managed to get down to 65 once but I seem to be playing with the same kg all the time I'm 68 then 67, 69.1 68.3 then .... but when I'm not using MFP I don't seem to be doing any differently I weighed myself after Christmas this is after a couple of weeks of fruit mince pies a few boxes it may add and I weighed 69kg so I can be eating 1200 calories and not really get past 65 kg or I can be eating like I just don't care and it not really much different. it's the same high 60s no matter what.

I don't currently do any exercise, I do garden and run after children. most of my weight is around my middle. I'm trying to get back to 58 kg.

Any thoughts?

are you giving it enough time i.e. eat at a decent deficit (whilst logging accurately) for let's say 6 weeks to cover a full monthly cycle? I know that my weight varies by up to 2kg during my cycle, so it helped once I started to actually weigh daily and log that weight to see my progress.
  • lyoill
    Options
    Yes I do weigh my food, and no I haven't given it enough time with consistent logging and weighing.

My aim is to log for 12 months with weighing as I have been take up exercise cycling at least running is something that im excited about, but it's like standing on a diving board looking at cold water and urging yourself to jump...I will eat back most of my excercise calories as when i do exercise on 1200 i feel faint!

I was just amused that with all of the flaffing about I haven't really gone anywhere even when I just didn't worry about what I ate for months at a time and ate muffins (cake) chocolate and biscuits..... I'm assuming that I as maybe eating more a a maintenance level as I never went higher than 70kg I have never been a polisher off of whole biscuit packets etc