It is possible to loose 10-15 pounds by June?

Replies

• sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Depending on how overweight you are now, it would be easy to lose that by June. If you are already at a good weight, it will be harder. The closer you are to your healthy weight, the slower weight loss is.
  • Aww I'm 140 :/ and 5'5-5'6. So it probably will be :(
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Aww I'm 140 :/ and 5'5-5'6. So it probably will be :(

About same height & weight as you but my scale just goes up and down, up and down a couple of lbs.. I honestly haven't been trying very hard though, I like to eat so I'm pretty much lifting weights to firm up and gain muscle.

Good luck!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    A useful link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

OP, log all your food intake, eat at a deficit, drink a grip-ton of water and exercise.
    It can be done.
    ETA link
  • FitnFeistyLyness
    FitnFeistyLyness Posts: 757 Member
    look up eat to live i went from 220 to 165 since march

10-15.. break it down into 5 pound increments makes it more manageable

you can do it!!

you don't need any quick fixes or fad diets.. focus on whole foods. let food be the ingredient instead of eating foods with a list of ingredients,

feel free to add me. ill support you..
  • How much should I run a day? And I'm eating 1,200 calories. And I did :)
  • Psstanz
    Psstanz Posts: 3 Member
    Yes it is possible. I lost 30 in 11 months.
    Low carb
    High fiber
    Daily exercise
    calorie counting
    and water, water and more water.

and I'm 55 years old and only 5' 1"

30553678.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • xRedHeaterx
    xRedHeaterx Posts: 37 Member
    If you fill your details into this site it should let you know your goal weight. Work out how many pounds you need to lose a week to reach that goal you have set, and plug that in too. It should then tell you how many calories you are allowed each week so you will see how possible it is.

I'm afraid I have no idea how much a girl of your height should weigh, but in general for an overweight person such a goal definitely sounds achievable. Good luck!
  • Yes it is possible. I lost 30 in 11 months.
    Low carb
    High fiber
    Daily exercise
    calorie counting
    and water, water and more water.

and I'm 55 years old and only 5' 1"

30553678.png aw great job! (:
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sshintaku
    sshintaku Posts: 228 Member
    I'm in the process of the same goal. I started two weeks ago and have dropped 4lbs. I jog about 30 min a day, or ride horses, or do yoga. I eat about 1400 cal, mostly fruit, veggies, rice, proteins. Drinking a lot of water and tea. It's totally possible if you just stay focused.
  • clodia2
    clodia2 Posts: 51
    It's absolutely possible, and to do it healthily to boot. That's about 2-3 pounds a month. I agree with everyone else. Take a hard look at what you eat and your workout. Don't underfeed yourself, that won't do you any favors. And hold yourself accountable. Looks like you already have an awesome group of people willing to help hold you accountable if you want them to. :D