Extra calories

Options
My net calories are at 1200. I get close and don't feel hungry. I don't want to put my body into starve mode. I am not sure I have never really kept up with this well before and not sure about my net and extra calories earned.

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    There is no starvation mode...you wont gain weight while in a deficet and your body is not going to "hold onto" fat by eating just under 1200 calories .

First question why so few calories? you know that is the minimun right?

What are your weight loss goals? over 50lbs? 25lbs or less???

Did you enter 2lbs a week? unless you have over 100lbs to lose that is to fast move to 1lb.

As for your exercise calories eat them to net at least 1200 calories. In other words you ate 1200...burned 300=900 net...eat them.
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If you are not hungry, don't worry about it. I know some people say to eat back the exercise calories or not to go under 1200. I usually stay under or just a liitle over. This is the only way I lose!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    MFP's program is set up with the expectation that you eat back your exercise calories,
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    MFP's program is set up with the expectation that you eat back your exercise calories,

This, just understand that MFP can over estimate for some people, so it may be advisable to eat 50% of them back.. and protein based calories would be the best option since most women's diets I know are very carb heavy.
  • wendy_j441
    wendy_j441 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    There is no starvation mode...you wont gain weight while in a deficet and your body is not going to "hold onto" fat by eating just under 1200 calories .

First question why so few calories? you know that is the minimun right?

What are your weight loss goals? over 50lbs? 25lbs or less???

Did you enter 2lbs a week? unless you have over 100lbs to lose that is to fast move to 1lb.

As for your exercise calories eat them to net at least 1200 calories. In other words you ate 1200...burned 300=900 net...eat them.

So thanks for everyone's input and to your question. I need about 40-45 and I do think that I checked off 2lbs per week. So I will go back and adjust. And again thanks for all the input everyone.