T25 Gamma

Options
I'm about two weeks into the Alpha round right now, but I'm already loving it so much I'm thinking about springing for Gamma, as I've heard so many great things about it.

I was wondering, though, from those of you who bought it and have done it, was it worth the price? Also, what kind of extra equipment is required? Right now all I have are three pound dumbbells, what weight would you recommend using?

Replies

• littlesprite11
    littlesprite11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I can't say for myself, but I had a client who did all three phases of T25. She said gamma was a challenge but she loved it. She was using 10lb. weights...but that is really up to what you can lift. I would def try to shoot for 5lbs this time around. or you can try a new workout all together!!
  • rjdunn87
    rjdunn87 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Thanks, yeah I'm thinking I'll probably need at least 5s.
  • coachpryor
    Options
    I'm about two weeks into the Alpha round right now, but I'm already loving it so much I'm thinking about springing for Gamma, as I've heard so many great things about it.

I was wondering, though, from those of you who bought it and have done it, was it worth the price? Also, what kind of extra equipment is required? Right now all I have are three pound dumbbells, what weight would you recommend using?

gamma is awesome. you do not need heavy weights at all. shaun t makes 5 pounds seem heavy. it is worth it as you will tonne up a lot with the workouts, and no further equipment required
  • quest4fit3
    quest4fit3 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Look on Craigslist. I got the brand new T25 Alpha + Beta set for pretty cheap!
  • rjdunn87
    Options
    Look on Craigslist. I got the brand new T25 Alpha + Beta set for pretty cheap!

I've checked, there are plenty of Alpha + Beta sets for unfortunately no Gammas just yet. :( I actually don't like $60 is too bad, I just want to be sure it's worth it before I spend the money!
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    You could also download it for free on a bit torrent site... but being a questionable legal activity I'm sure it would be frowned upon. Currently I'm using P90X3 to supplement the weight portion of the program but I'd love to try the gamma phase if it's got more lifting.
  • jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Alpha - A little sweat, a little burn..........a little challenging.
    Beta - Steady drip, helluva burn..........even more challenging.
    Gamma - Holy hell, I need another Alpha and Beta round to prepare for this crap. Screw you Shaun T..........I cast ye back to hell.
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Gamma - Holy hell, I need another Alpha and Beta round to prepare for this crap. Screw you Shaun T..........I cast ye back to hell.

i love this comment. and i LOVE your profile pic. :D
  • dalekhunter
    dalekhunter Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I loved Gamma. Especially the Pyramid! I switched around between 5 lbs. and 8 lbs.
  • vbodyme
    vbodyme Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I'm redoing T25 next week, got all the way to the end of GAMMA last week and love the results.

If you like Alpha and Beta, you should definitively seal it with GAMMA .. it's yet another level. It's the phase you tone your muscles and you'll notice it! There's 2 options of schedule - one pure GAMMA, the other is kinda a hybrid between GAMMA and previous Beta and Alpha workouts.

5lbs should be the least in any workout in my humble opinion. Your body can handle it. I today even use ankle weights and 10lbs. If you have a pull up bar, you can use it during GAMMA, but it's not required.

As for pricing, any workout that gives you results is worth the price for me. Note: there are ways to save and you don't have to go pirate, just ask me. Plus, by going pirate you don't bonuses that might come with the program...Actually, paying for it is to me yet another incentive to get it done lol ...

Remember you can submit your results you get entered into drawings that can pay you $500, $1K, $5K or even more than that, and you get a free t-shirt :)
  • rjdunn87
    Options
    I guess it was only a matter of time before the Beachbody coaches started appearing.
  • jeremywm1977
    Options

I'm redoing T25 next week, got all the way to the end of GAMMA last week and love the results.

If you like Alpha and Beta, you should definitively seal it with GAMMA .. it's yet another level. It's the phase you tone your muscles and you'll notice it! There's 2 options of schedule - one pure GAMMA, the other is kinda a hybrid between GAMMA and previous Beta and Alpha workouts.

5lbs should be the least in any workout in my humble opinion. Your body can handle it. I today even use ankle weights and 10lbs. If you have a pull up bar, you can use it during GAMMA, but it's not required.

As for pricing, any workout that gives you results is worth the price for me. Note: there are ways to save and you don't have to go pirate, just ask me. Plus, by going pirate you don't bonuses that might come with the program...Actually, paying for it is to me yet another incentive to get it done lol ...

Remember you can submit your results you get entered into drawings that can pay you $500, $1K, $5K or even more than that, and you get a free t-shirt :)

Wow, how subtle..........I almost couldn't tell that Beachbody was being crowbarred into this conversation.
  • jeremywm1977
    Options

My profile pic is probably going to be changing in August/September..........so long #11 (please, no arguments about my numbering).
  • jbug5j
    jbug5j Posts: 277 Member
    Options

My profile pic is probably going to be changing in August/September..........so long #11 (please, no arguments about my numbering).

d77c2060f9b7ff125eb2e6878262af07.jpg

no arguments here :D im excited about Peter Capaldi!

ETA: I plan on doing gamma when i get through beta. My goal though. is to redo each one until i can do every workout without modifying. :D (i also downloaded mine but im just watching calories and doing just fine)
  • vbodyme
    Options
    I guess it was only a matter of time before the Beachbody coaches started appearing.

And why should that be bad? Someone finds a passion, is a living proof that it works and should be banned from posting any comment? Is that fair? I say we can all have different opinions and I'm not afraid to put mine out there specially since it will HELP the person posting, which is my only intention.
  • vbodyme
    Options

Wow, how subtle..........I almost couldn't tell that Beachbody was being crowbarred into this conversation.

I respect your opinion, but likewise I appreciate respecting my choice to voice myself. I can only talk about something I know works and have proof of. Each and everyone here still has the option of choosing or simply going with no thanks instead of putting down the person that it trying to help. Isn't that what these posts are for?
  • vbodyme
    Options

d77c2060f9b7ff125eb2e6878262af07.jpg

no arguments here :D im excited about Peter Capaldi!

ETA: I plan on doing gamma when i get through beta. My goal though. is to redo each one until i can do every workout without modifying. :D (i also downloaded mine but im just watching calories and doing just fine)

:D:D

Now regarding ETA: Awesome! You so got this, both gamma and nailing it without modifying! Love it when we get to compare progress by going back and redoing things ... the feeling of accomplished is priceless. Count me in for support!!
  • rjdunn87
    Options

And why should that be bad? Someone finds a passion, is a living proof that it works and should be banned from posting any comment? Is that fair? I say we can all have different opinions and I'm not afraid to put mine out there specially since it will HELP the person posting, which is my only intention.

I was the person posting, and I genuinely appreciate the support, however it's a real turn off to posting on these boards that I can't ask a question about a Beachbody program without my inbox being flooded with people begging me to join their Facebook challenge groups.
  • scorpiana89
    scorpiana89 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
  • rjdunn87
    Options

We were able to find it, thanks!