Has anyone tried Alli weight loss pills?

Options

Replies

• sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Well if the mayo clinic says so....

After reading the delightful side effects, it sounds more like a laxative than anything. I think you should just do it the old fashioned way.
  • Lemmon827
    Lemmon827 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yikes no fats? So even Avocado type fats? Cause I absolutely need in the very least to meet my fat goals...I find it sooooo important to prevent saggy skin, and I'm sure other things factor in like being a non-smoker my whole life, and whatever other things that can kind of age you, but I'd like to think sufficent fat (healthly fats, olive oil....etc ) also help with retaining a youthfull look.

Just don't take any of the pills before eating it. Your body does need healthy fats to maintain itself. I tried alli for awhile but I quit because it is easier to just avoid the junk foods.
  • patriciahutchinson89
    Options
    It would be easy to have high hopes for a quick fix especially when Mayo Clinic gives their stamp of approval. However, your best way is to just buck-up and stick to your calorie deficit.

How embarrassing would it be to be out with a group of friends and get the Hershey-squirts without warning. :embarassed:

Good luck. you are just beginning. :flowerforyou:

Lol I read all replies so I wont get it, however Hershey squirts..lol wow.
  • ScreenGem
    ScreenGem Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This whole conversation is just too damn funny. I read it twice for a laugh. Conclusion: NO buy
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Yikes no fats? So even Avocado type fats? Cause I absolutely need in the very least to meet my fat goals...I find it sooooo important to prevent saggy skin, and I'm sure other things factor in like being a non-smoker my whole life, and whatever other things that can kind of age you, but I'd like to think sufficent fat (healthly fats, olive oil....etc ) also help with retaining a youthfull look.

Just don't take any of the pills before eating it. Your body does need healthy fats to maintain itself. I tried alli for awhile but I quit because it is easier to just avoid the junk foods.

No I have no interest in taking any weigh loss pill aids...I'm just asking if healthly fats like avocado etc would also shot right through you on this medicine.

Yup, it doesn't differentiate between them, just makes you lose the lot!
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I have never tried them myself. Everything I have read says they work, but if you eat to much greasy foods or junk food while taking it wil causes the ****s bad! Its also recommend you have a spare change of underwear/pants at all times.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    The promise of anal leakage is enough for me to just stick to eating less and moving more.

/thread
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    ah, yea. others have mentioned all i know about alli.
    you're gonna do great with a calorie deficit. you'll see the weight go away. it'll be wonderful. save your $ and use the coupon for firewood i guess
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    It would be easy to have high hopes for a quick fix especially when Mayo Clinic gives their stamp of approval. However, your best way is to just buck-up and stick to your calorie deficit.

How embarrassing would it be to be out with a group of friends and get the Hershey-squirts without warning. :embarassed:

lol its chocolate milk! Sorry I work at a daycare center, one of our 4 years old had diarrhea last week. He thought he was going to get in trouble for having his 'accident' so he lied and told us it was Chocolate milk...LMAO Hershey squirts made me think about it
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I have heard it works if you are already on a healthy diet. The problem with the whole "leakage" thing was because people were eating whatever crap they wanted and expecting the pill to magically make them thin. If you go on it, you have to watch your intake, especially fat. I believe too much fat intake is what causes issues with the pill. I dont know how well these pills work if used properly as i have never actually met anyone that has used them the way they are meant to be. For me personally I dont think pills are worth it, but if your doctor approves then go for it.
  • hhanse45
    Options
    When you do the math, you will learn that you can't lose much weight on Alli at all. You are only allowed 15 g of fat per meal, and Alli blocks only about 20-25% of it (IIRC). 25% of 15 g of fat is only 3.75 g of fat, approximately 34 calories. Multiply that times 3 meals per day, and you are only able to create a 100 calorie deficit by using Alli rather than just dieting alone. That means Alli will only help you lose 1/5 pound per week over dieting alone. Do you really want to pay that much, deal with the nutrient loss, and risk digestive issues to lose a maximum of an extra pound per month? I don't.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    When you do the math, you will learn that you can't lose much weight on Alli at all. You are only allowed 15 g of fat per meal, and Alli blocks only about 20-25% of it (IIRC). 25% of 15 g of fat is only 3.75 g of fat, approximately 34 calories. Multiply that times 3 meals per day, and you are only able to create a 100 calorie deficit by using Alli rather than just dieting alone. That means Alli will only help you lose 1/5 pound per week over dieting alone. Do you really want to pay that much, deal with the nutrient loss, and risk digestive issues to lose a maximum of an extra pound per month? I don't.
    Now that is a SOLID FIRST POST. I came to post the exact same thing but you were a few minutes faster.

url-1.gif

You will be successful here! :drinker:

/iamnotbeingsarcasticforonce
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I did try Alli in high school when they were still sort of new. Not worth it. You're spending $60+ for nothing, except a hassle. You don't need it. Just do it the way we're all doing it on MFP. You're making it harder and more expensive than it has to be.
  • cgreen1596
    Options
    That totally happened to my cousin!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options

lol its chocolate milk! Sorry I work at a daycare center, one of our 4 years old had diarrhea last week. He thought he was going to get in trouble for having his 'accident' so he lied and told us it was Chocolate milk...LMAO Hershey squirts made me think about it

Me bad, been calling it that since was a li'l kid :laugh: cuz when you're little the word "diarrhea" just sounded too "personal"! :laugh:
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,993 Member
    Options
    Depends.......:wink:
  • Shynique37
    Shynique37 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    OP, make sure that you also have a coupon for these.

500-832211-847__1.jpg

Soooo funny!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Can't claim credit for finding this as another MFPer posted this a few days back in another Alli thread. But worth the read. :drinker:

http://thewvsr.com/alli.htm
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My sis -in -law tried these and had blood in her stools....so no...coupon or not I say walk away
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Found a coupon for it and mayo clinic says it works. I'm fine doing this on my own but if a pill can boost the 2 pounds a week I burn to 4 pounds that help a lot. I still intend to eat right and exercise.

Mayo Clinic review: http://www.mayoclinic.org/alli/art-20047908
    I see you decided not to take those diet pills.

Set your goals up in MFP and eat within your calorie goals and you will lose weight.