Turbulence Training Review - I'm not impressed

Options
It's interval cardio with some lightweight toning benefits - and nothing like real circuit training or lifting. If you've been sitting on the couch for the last 20 years, this might a good place to start.

(I've only done three workouts and will give it a little more time, but I can feel my muscle mass shrinking just writing about it.)

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Oh I wouldn't like that. Maybe in addition to your regular strength workout it would be okay but not in lieu of it.

Edit to add a missing word.
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Yeah . . . Maybe it would be a good workout on rest days.
  • echelonokie
    Options
    I'm just beginning really and would have to use some modified positions, but do you think for someone who is a TRUE beginner, this would be something helpful?
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    I'm just beginning really and would have to use some modified positions, but do you think for someone who is a TRUE beginner, this would be something helpful?

I work with a personal trainer who plans my TT workouts for me - if you can do that, then I think TT can be adjusted to suit anyone, including a true beginner. I probably wouldn't recommend a pre-packaged TT beginner's program (or many others) for a true beginner - so many of the exercises can be done incorrectly - without the right coaching, you will likely wind up training bad movements, or worse, hurting yourself.

Meanwhile, I may owe TT an apology . . . once I learned to frantically change from one interval to the other, but still slow down and go heavy on my weight with solid form, I may even get a decent build out of it. We've also added a couple of extra heavy, low rep sets on key areas. I do think my arms are a little smaller, but my cuts are getting better.
  • cstinson496
    cstinson496 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Did you get the 2.0? or just the regular TT. i would love to have the videos.