fell off the wagon. starting over.

Options
u know how it goes. u work hard. u meet your weight goal, maintain it for 3-4 months and you think, "i got this" and u start slowly slipping thinking it's ok i've lost weight before so i'll just lose it later. life's stressing you out, got a new job (that's where all my focus has gone thusfar), single parent struggles, all a sudden working out takes a toll and "you dont have any time for it" and now i'm 20 pounds fatter! OH-EM-GEE!!

Good news is, i'm employed, I'm a waitress (which burns a lot of calories ;) bad news is, when you're hungry and u start to smell steaks, fried foods u start reaching for it. I have will power though! I decided, enough was enough and started to pack lunches/snacks for work (instead of ordering something off the menu) I cut out soda (i drank more then i realized at work, scary) I'm putting excersize back on my priority list! (mapped out my running distance/route/time). Brought out the excersize equipment! I KNOW i can do it because i've done it before, so there is no excuse. the only difference this time is i really REALLY wanna focus more on toning. Yes, i lost weight and maintained it for awhile, but losing fat rapidly ='s sagging skin (the mommy pouch). so tone is more the focus then anything.

i got tonsilitis a week ago so i've been under the weather. I'm sick now with a cold so energy levels have been crappy. BUT i made sure to keep within my calorie range. *sigh* can't wait to be healthy again so i can really start off with a BANG and do this right!

.stephanie.

Replies

• Helent26
    Helent26 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie, Know exactly how you feel!! I fell off the wagon after only loosing 6lbs and i thought i can carry on with out tracking everyday!!! How WRONG i was, i've put 4lb of the 6lb I lost so now I have 20lb to loose also! Plus i've just started a new job - which I'm made up about as I'd been unemployed for a while. Being a single mum I know how hard it is to give them the time they want as well as exercise and eat health. Especially as I see chocolate, crisps sweets etc as a treat. But with me it's learning to moderate. I can't just have one small bar I have to have 2 or 3 or even a large size bar :-( I'm a little disappointed with myself, but hey at least i'm starting to get back to it - but probably only because my clothes won't fit me and I cant fasten my coat up :-( How bad is that... Especially with the awful wintry weather on its way.

Here it is
    A New Us!!!!! Good Luck :flowerforyou:
  • borgi77
    Options
    me too, i was sick this week, I don't think I put weight on, but i felt like crap so i went over my calorie limit 7/7 days so annoyed! and its nearly summer so I want to be fit fit fit fit! at least it is only a week of being bad for me! we can do it!!
  • knakau
    knakau Posts: 29
    Options
    I tend to fall off wagon every weekend which is slowing my progress! good luck, your mind seems to be in the right place so hope the body gets there too!
  • stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hi Stephanie, Know exactly how you feel!! I fell off the wagon after only loosing 6lbs and i thought i can carry on with out tracking everyday!!! How WRONG i was, i've put 4lb of the 6lb I lost so now I have 20lb to loose also! Plus i've just started a new job - which I'm made up about as I'd been unemployed for a while. Being a single mum I know how hard it is to give them the time they want as well as exercise and eat health. Especially as I see chocolate, crisps sweets etc as a treat. But with me it's learning to moderate. I can't just have one small bar I have to have 2 or 3 or even a large size bar :-( I'm a little disappointed with myself, but hey at least i'm starting to get back to it - but probably only because my clothes won't fit me and I cant fasten my coat up :-( How bad is that... Especially with the awful wintry weather on its way.

Here it is
    A New Us!!!!! Good Luck :flowerforyou:

i fell off the wagon after actually surpassing my weight goal and maintaining it for quite a while i was 115lb's! and healthy! but it's been almost a whole year now that i've kept track, it's insane! time/fat just flies on by and not keeping track.. bad idea. But don't beat urself up (i'm not), that's one thing i've learned, dont beat urself up cuz chances are there will be slip ups here and there, the important thing is to rebound! always jump right back on track. good luck to you too doll! we can do it!

.s.
  • stephalvarez5
    Options
    I tend to fall off wagon every weekend which is slowing my progress! good luck, your mind seems to be in the right place so hope the body gets there too!

okay once in a while is ok but every weekend? what's going on girl, stressed much? u know better then that! gotta have will power and eat smart! ;)

.s.
  • stephalvarez5
    Options
    me too, i was sick this week, I don't think I put weight on, but i felt like crap so i went over my calorie limit 7/7 days so annoyed! and its nearly summer so I want to be fit fit fit fit! at least it is only a week of being bad for me! we can do it!!

i lost a few pounds this week cuz u know when you're sick, u lose youre appetite? yeah, but at the same time my energy levels are awful! can't wait to feel alive again! im excited for summer too! and yes we CAN do it ;)

and like i mentioned to helen earlier, don't beat yourself up! what's important is to rebound and get right on track ;)

.s.
  • supico1
    Options
    Today is a new day! I totally fell off the wagon and have gained everything back that I lost...Instead of getting depressed I'm gonna go back at it. Yesterday I made up my mind...I come first! My health is more important than anything!
  • stephalvarez5
    Options
    Today is a new day! I totally fell off the wagon and have gained everything back that I lost...Instead of getting depressed I'm gonna go back at it. Yesterday I made up my mind...I come first! My health is more important than anything!

Hell yes!! enuf is enuff!! right on girl!

.s.
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Boy do I know how you feel. I had only lost 6 pounds, but was training with a trainer, so I was toning and it looked like more. Things got hectic a week before I went on vacation, so I decided I wouldn't go to the gym and get ready to leave for a week. The whole week my husband and I were on vacation, I didn't work out. Sure, we walked a lot, but it wasn't exercise walking. We have been back now for 3 weeks and I still haven't exercised at ALL....I have never gone 5 weeks without exercising. And to top it off, other than eating right for 3 days in a row, I have been pigging out every 4th day...also not like me. I mean, I am the type that would eat half of a cookie and feel guilty and go run it off.

I weighed myself today and I am only up 1.5 pounds, but I know that is due to me losing muscle. I just FEEL like there is more fat there again. Today starts me totally focusing on weight loss and toning again. I am going to start eating right EVERY day, not just 75% of the time. I ordered a treadmill yesterday that will get here on Wednesday and am going to do P90X too.

Today is a new day. YOU have done this before, so you know you have it in you to do it again. Life gets in the way sometimes, and crap happens. Just pick yourself back up again and get to it and before you know it, that 20 pounds will be off again and you will be feeling great! Good luck!